6. February 2012 16:53

M.M.O.7 Lives!

by Marc

The M.M.O.7 has now gone live on our Game Shark store and will be available in other good retailers shortly. Thanks to all the patient Cyborg fans out there, your wait is now over. Good things come to those who check Facebook on a daily basis!

So, you’ve read the feature lists, and you’ve seen the fancy videos, so here is the rest of the vital information you need before embarking on that 36 hour session!

Let’s start with drivers and software. The download page has been updated with MMO7 goodness. So, whether you are a Windows, or Mac user, the latest versions are available to get you up and running.

For all you WoW players, the custom add-on for the MMO7 can be downloaded from curse.com from this link:

To save you some setup time, every profile in our Profile Library (available from our downloads page) has been updated to include support for the MMO7.

If you need some extra help with software functionality, we have also produced video tutorials for the programming software and the WoW add-on.

For the programming software, click Here

For the add-on, click Here

I think that’s everything, happy grinding!

News | Tips and Tricks

Comments

2/7/2012 11:12:23 AM #

Finally, im waiting since november.

Valerij Germany | Reply

2/8/2012 1:06:36 PM #

btw, is there a chance that the rapid rife buttons will be customizable in later updates?

Valerij Germany | Reply

2/8/2012 5:37:36 PM #

We'll look into it, but it's definitely not a trivial thing to update.

3/17/2012 4:39:46 AM #

A software or a hardware capability of disabling the ActionLock buttons would certainly be appreciated by this user.

Far too often I hit those buttons accidentally and it messes up my gameplay.

Until that becomes available, my M.M.O 7 will languish in my desk drawer. Frown

Ray Bookman Canada | Reply

5/3/2012 2:14:22 AM #

Any hope/progress with this?

such a silly feature, I have a much better use for those buttons..

other then that, best mouse ever!!

Lars Denmark | Reply

5/3/2012 10:19:56 AM #

We'll only post something when we have something for you.  Until then we appreciate your patience - it does involve more than just a driver update and we need to ensure that anything we release won't cause problems!

5/14/2012 12:58:46 AM #

Please fix this asap, I will never use actionlock, most useless feature ive ever come across.
This is after all a "mmo" edition mouse, mmo games want many many binds (and nope, we will never use shift binds)

Dont get me wrong, i love the mouse, but its such an annoying thing!
Cant be that hard to fix?

!RAlNB0WuMA Sweden | Reply

2/14/2012 8:01:00 PM #

Those buttons should at the very least have a disable option so they do nothing because ActionLock is not a very good feature and rarely used, and many times all it does is messed up the normal mouse button actions

JD United States | Reply

2/18/2012 4:26:40 PM #

Yeah my only issue is being able to bind the two auto rapid fire lock buttons as well. Otherwise this is one seriously bulletproof mouse, really nice work!

Bought it for TERA and WoW but use it more in Photoshop and Flash than anything else.

Zync Australia | Reply

2/8/2012 3:49:12 AM #

my new mouse. they should make a F.P.S 7 aswell.

Dev New Zealand | Reply

2/8/2012 10:12:06 AM #

There's no reason why you can't use the M.M.O.7 for FPS games too Smile

2/8/2012 9:23:39 AM #

hi
i was looking forward to this mouse until I saw the features of the ActionLock buttons, especially how it's not configurable. Would it be possible for future software updates to have the ActionLock and DPI buttons configurable. In MMO games specifically these default settings are not needed, they would be more suited to be configurable to the users' likings.

Thanks for your time

user United States | Reply

3/27/2012 1:29:47 AM #

I argee, it would be great if the actionlock buttons can be bind. Those buttons will be much more useful for use in game rather then action locking something. If that can be done, the mouse will be perfect! Thanks

Jo New Zealand | Reply

6/7/2012 4:23:09 AM #

forgot to mention to allow the user to program the MODE and SHIFT buttons. For example, the position of the SHIFT button is not practical/convenient therefore when using abilities quickly makes it useless. Additionally, using the keyboard's CTRL, SHIFT, ALT are much better for that.
Looking forward to the firmware update, if all goes well will be buying this mouse.
Thanks

user United States | Reply

2/8/2012 1:31:08 PM #

I got mine the other day! I love all the buttons; they all feel great. My only gripe with the mouse is the location of the Shift button. I use the pinky rest on the right side and the Shift button gets in my way of comfort. The Shift button is a cool feature, but I prefer the comfort of the RAT 7's right side to this one. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this mouse to MMO players. It still works well with FPS too. In fact, I'd argue the location of the precision aim button on the MMO 7 is superior to that of the RAT 7.

Sorge United States | Reply

2/10/2012 12:55:06 AM #

I've got mine today and the experience has been frustrating so far. I'm on a Mac and play WoW and have been unable to use any other button than the topmost two.

With the latest driver version, all other buttons register as some weird combination of keys I'm unable to revert back to plain, regular Mouse Button 4, 5 and so on. The Cyborg WoW addon does not work (actions do not trigger from the clicks) although it sees the mode the mouse is in.

Using Steer Mouse, or no driver at all, the buttons register correctly as Mouse Button 4, 5 and so on, but then the cursor acts weirdly in WoW and has some kind of hardcore lag (talking a few seconds here) and does not register clicks from time to time. Unplayable.

tl;dr: unplayable. All but the topmost buttons are useless for the moment. We need a mouse profile that make it so Mouse Button 1 is registered as Mouse Button 1, Mouse Button 2 as Mouse Button 2, Mouse Button 3 as Mouse Button 3, and so on, and so on. I don't need some weird CTRL+ALT+NumPad0 combinations that mess weirdly with my macro'ed action bars. Just plain, simple, old, regular mouse buttons WoW recognizes just fine already.

I've looked at the addon's code and although I can sense the dev has some serious skills in programming languages, it fails completely at the most basic logic: it checks for WoW Locale but not for the keyboard layout (which admittedly it can't), which makes the addon useless for users that have, say, a frFR keyboard but a enUS game. Though changing the LUA tables in the code didn't fix it.

You seriously need to do something (I've yet to receive any answer from the support, which have contacted both locally and internationally) or I'll send the mouse back for reimbursement, and get my good ol’ G9 back, with her 5 buttons she handles just fine.

Jerome France | Reply

2/10/2012 12:38:15 PM #

Hi - I've emailed you direct about this and we'll get some feedback for you from the software team about how we can address the issues you've got.

2/10/2012 10:52:54 PM #

I will give serious money for a left handed version, i tried to buy the right handed rat 9 and force myself to play with righthand, it just isn't possible..

I love the mouse however and would give 5 times its price if only it was left handed Frown

Torben Denmark | Reply

2/14/2012 1:57:34 PM #

I've just purchased the Rat 7 nice mouse, I've had several saitek products which have not been very good quality, and its nice for once to see this one break the mold.

BUT... yes the big but..

After having a top end MS gaming mouse for several years the immediate thing you notice is just how let down the Saitek hardware is by the programming software.

And in one very important area, the ability to program your mouse INGAME, especially macro recording, and with the correct timings on the keystrokes.

With my MS mouse software I could simply press a button then the button I wanted on the mouse to record the macro on and then the keystrokes WITH the proper timings and more importantly INGAME!

Something the Saitek software just isn't good at.

Overall ALOT more attention needs to be paid to the programming software to make it simple to program your mouse ingame, which is very important in alot of games where keystrokes combo's require not just the keystrokes but the TIMINGS too and ingame, to get things right and more importantly offer simplicity and more functionality to the user.

Come on Saitek you can do alot better than this alot better.

Stop rehashing old software and rethink the design.

Andy United Kingdom | Reply

2/14/2012 8:04:10 AM #

Hi there,

unfortunately my post is gone. Don't know why but it already has been saved in the blog but now it's on a trip to whereever.

Well back to topic. My problem is almost the same like Jerome's.
I am a Mac user and what I can do with the addon is following:
- assigning macros, buttons etc. in the menu - works
- mouse sync via clicking the mode button - doesn't work
- using a German keyboard an German layout and an EnUK WoW client
- latest software installed
- latest Snow Leopard software update installed
- mouse click appear as macros from the programming software, I would prefer a behaviour like plain mouse buttons mouse button 1 - XX

Right now I am a bit disappointed as I can only use 2/3 of all buttons ingame as the addon doesn't work properly.

What I've mentioned in my comment before as well was a wish I you could be so kind and start a development topic regarding the M.M.O. 7 so that we are all in the loop what's currently going on regarding our issues.
Could also be a platform where we could reply on your questions you might have regarding our configurations and the OS, etc.

Cheers

Florian Germany | Reply

2/14/2012 2:45:00 PM #

Hi,

All posts are moderated - that's why your original one wasn't visible!

Jerome's problems were all fixed in the end - he reinstalled and everything worked, except the plug-in.  That's fixed too now though - the issue is tied to you using a different language version of WoW to that of your keyboard layout - it's a limitation of the way things work with the plug-ins.

You can edit the CyborgMMO7.lua file to tweak it so that it treats your keyboard layout as German and then it should work fine.

For reporting bugs otherwise there's no better place than the page on curse.com.

2/14/2012 2:46:04 PM #

Oh and it's perfectly possible to get the buttons to report as buttons - just set them to 'unprogrammed' in the editor, save and load that as a profile and they'll then report through with their button number assignment.

2/20/2012 7:41:35 AM #

Hi there,

in fact I've reported it on curse.

But also with the workaround described on the curse link in the comments it doesn't work at all.

I've left a comment on curse and I'm curious when this issue will be solved.
It's a bit frustrating buying a mouse hoping that from now on I don't have any knots in my fingers as I can assign tons of buttons.
As well as using the addon as one of the key selling arguments though it doesn't work properly.
If it was possible it might be better coding the addon in a dynamic way as currently the mouse behaviour is hard coded as country code.
And you should focus on the issue having a client in a different language than the keyboard layout is.

Florian Germany | Reply

2/15/2012 7:35:58 AM #

Just got mine today and loving it so far.  Is there a pack coming out for SWTOR?  When I try to program some of the keys the game is not letting me yet.  Thanks for the info.

Troy Rongholt United States | Reply

2/15/2012 10:41:28 AM #

Yes, there's a SWTOR profile in the MMO profile pack:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/profiles/cyborg/MMO_Profiles_v1.1.zip

2/16/2012 8:56:54 PM #

I wish this had come out earlier.  I really wanted it for SWTOR (the game had more skills than I had buttons on my mouse and speedpad), but I left the game shortly after the 30 day mark. Not sure I need it now (at lest not till I start playing a new MMO).

Would still like to know when it will be coming out in a physical store so I can see how it feels in-hand, before I decide if I want to buy it.

Darin United States | Reply

2/16/2012 8:48:28 PM #

"..and will be available in other good retailers shortly"

When?

Darin United States | Reply

2/18/2012 12:23:25 PM #

Just bought one and almost sent it back
there is no place for the thumb to hold the mouse, i have big hands can't make it big enough Frown
and no mouse accel on driver so it's a pain on mmo i have to use all the aera of my mousepad
and for swtor bad responce in game, Y axis sometime bug, and all the bind need to be macro press/release if you don't want multiple action.
the laser get lost if i am 5mm in the air
too expensive you can have a naga for halt the price Frown

ninjafada France | Reply

2/28/2012 2:23:53 AM #

I have no problem picking up the mouse, and I don't push in the 5D button doing so. You're right about there being no mouse acceleration on the sensor, though, but that isn't an issue with me. You could always use acceleration through Windows. Also, I don't see how the Naga has any room to pick it up with your thumb but this one doesn't. Personally, I prefer the layout of the thumb buttons on the MMO7 over the Naga, and there's less of a chance of hitting the wrong key during gaming.

Sorge United States | Reply

2/21/2012 8:22:19 AM #

Had the mouse for just over a week now. I am loving the mouse but there are a number of things which I find very annoying they are:

Action clock button - due to having small hands I quite often click them, please add an option to disable them

Mouse wheel/ Driver - unable to customise the mouse wheel up and down in the profile editor, this would be very useful for a number of games.

In all I do find the mouse very useful, it did take me some time to get the WOW add-on working.. somewhat, the red profile(profile1) doesn't work in game(well 2 buttons of it work rest don't) due to having small hands I found it hard to get used to the mouse at the start but now after a week it is very easy to use.

thomas fisher United Kingdom | Reply

2/23/2012 12:30:27 AM #

Please, make it possible to remap both action-lock-buttons, the mode-shift-button and the DPI-Switch-button, so that the User can assign other commands to them.

This should be you top priority for the next software-update, considering how many people want this.

Gabbyjay Germany | Reply

3/6/2012 2:31:20 AM #

Why? I don't understand everyone wanting to reprogram the action lock buttons. I play Forsaken World, and used to play WOW. Those buttons are useful for when your running around and you want to let go of the mouse button.
-There are 78 possible buttons. 78.
-You lose almost HALF if you reprogram the shift button.
-The dpi button is for the dpi. You need it for that reason.

Honestly? Richard you guys did an amazing job. Id rather see you work on giving us the scroll wheel buttons and a true horizontal scroll wheel.
Just my two sense.

John Canada | Reply

4/10/2012 6:27:00 PM #

Why?  Because that's how he (and many others) wish to use the mouse.   "I" don't understand why people shoot down sensible ideas.   And frankly we don't care what you used to play or how, we want it how WE play.

78 buttons?  Be serious.   I don't care about shift mode on the mouse, it's a waste of time.   Modifers should be used on the keyboard to shift states and ALL buttons on the mouse should be assignable.

I returned the MMO 7 because I could not reassign the buttons I wished and found it a waste of 120 bucks because of that.

I've come back here because if they have changed the software to allow reassigning those buttons then I'll repurchase the mouse, but for now it seems I and others will have to wait and hope.

SantiagoDraco United States | Reply

6/26/2012 3:17:14 AM #

I am primarily an FPS gamer. I love the R.A.T. 7. Even though this mouse is called "MMO 7," it looks exactly like the R.A.T. 7 with more buttons. (Some us FPS people like lots of buttons too.) I do love all the added buttons and it was easy to make the transition to this mouse, but that left "action lock" button ruins this mouse as an FPS. There should be no button imposing upon our Left-click button. At the very least we should be able to disable those "action lock" buttons, preferably, we should be able to assign these buttons to Left-click and Right click. I hope this issue is addressed. This is the only issue that prevents this mouse from being the Perfect Gaming Mouse.

Fuse911 United States | Reply

2/23/2012 12:33:09 AM #

Oh, and as Thomas Fisher said, also make it possible to remap the up/down of the scroll-wheel.

This definitely makes sense, as there are many games/programs that don't use vertical scrolling, but the User would be happy to have two additional commands available!

Gabbyjay Germany | Reply

2/23/2012 4:51:10 AM #

Hey you forgot a major PvP MMO Dark Age of Camelot why bother putting Warhammer Online if you leave out DAoC and what about the one that started it all Ultima Online

REDEATH United States | Reply

2/24/2012 3:34:24 AM #

How about support for Diablo 3? Laughing
I'm looking for a mouse to play it with my Macbook.
Razer had very very bad support for Apple, so i gave up on them and sold my Mamba 2012 that never worked. Tong

Nepo Brazil | Reply

2/24/2012 10:48:07 AM #

When it comes out we'll let you know!  We're not on the beta so we don't have access at the moment.

3/29/2012 12:24:23 PM #

i have a RAT7 but i'm super interested to M.M.O.7 if there will be a plugin for Mac/Pc and Diablo3. Please fell free to send me an email when it comes out.
However is in your intention to create it?

thanks

Daygo Italy | Reply

3/29/2012 12:56:37 PM #

Blizzard's plans for Diablo III apparently do not include a built in LUA scripting like WoW had, which would prevent anyone creating a plug-in for the game.

Funnily enough I just got a beta key last week so I'm in the process of creating a profile for the R.A.T.s and M.M.O.7 - expect a blog post about that soon.

2/24/2012 11:59:59 AM #

Hello,
good mouse but I hope that soon a new software-version will come out, where you can customize the actionlock buttons and the mode shift switch!

Mark Poland | Reply

2/26/2012 6:36:39 AM #

I just got your MMO7 mouse and I am having issues with the mouse add-on for WOW.
I run Windows 7 (x64) with the WOW (x64) client.
I am able to see the add-on and the icon, I am able to assign buttons, but the sync never works. I click the mode button on the mouse (I'm assuming the button to the left of the left mouse button that changes colors).
I have the latest drivers and profiles downloaded and have activated the WOW profile.
I have restarted both my system and WOW several time.
I do not have LUA skills so please don't tell me to start reprogramming it. So far I have programmed skills and abilities on the external profile by mapping specific buttons in game, but would prefer to make this work the way it should.

Are there any specific add-ons that may conflict with yours?

Moobinator United States | Reply

2/27/2012 10:42:17 AM #

Are you loading our WoW add-on profile into the M.M.O.7 before you run WoW?

2/27/2012 6:01:25 PM #

The steps I took were:

1st clicked on icon in task tray, select the WOW profile, and made sure the Icon took on a green border.

2nd, started WOW via the launcher

3rd, selected my character, after load sceen verified the icon was on my dekstop and on the MiniMap

4th, clicked the Mode button on the mouse, waited a bit, nothing happens.

I tried clicking on the mode changing button in the addon as well, it changes to the next color but other than that does nothing.

Moobinator United States | Reply

2/27/2012 6:21:08 PM #

Are you loading the WoW.pr0 profile or the Mmo7WoW.pr0 profile?

Also, do they work when you use the test option in the programming screen?

4/27/2012 7:01:32 AM #

Hi,

How to do we install or change the location of the of installer?

The installer keeps on installing on the old directory in my system thus i am unable to select the profile or locate the RAT folder

William Singapore | Reply

4/27/2012 11:39:53 AM #

The installation location is not adjustable but the folder for profiles is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles

2/26/2012 9:21:01 PM #

How can I restore the original function for a button in that software?
F. e., I had Strg + W assigned to the precision-aim-Button (= pressing the 5D-Button down).
Now, how can I restore the precision-aim-function to that button without having to reset all settings?

But it would be far better if you could assign these functions to any other button, anyway.
Maybe I want Precision-Aim on the forward-Button.
This was passible with the Rat 7.
Is there a way to do that with the MMO 7 as well?

Z22 Poland | Reply

2/27/2012 10:38:49 AM #

The precision aim function works regardless of what you've got assigned to that button - it's always there, you just choose to what level it works using the slider under the settings tab.  FYI - it wasn't reassignable on the R.A.T.7 either.

3/3/2012 6:58:29 PM #

If you could toggle precision aim on and off, instead of holding that button, you could combine the precision-aim-function with a key press.

That way, you could activate, for example, the key press for the sniper-mode in an ego-shooter together with this temporary DPI-reduction!

It would perfectly make sense to have one button for both.

There could also be another way to achieve this:
Combine the DPI-Switch with a key press.

I have my DPI-setting set up the following way:
1) 1200 DPI
2) 250  DPI
3) 1200 DPI
4) 250  DPI

Fortunately, with the MMO 7, you can cycle through the DPI-Settings, and the number of total DPI-profiles is an even number. So with a setup like this, I can toggle DPI-Reduction on and off!

So now, if I could also activate a key press when pressing the DPI-Button, I could combine it with zoom/sniper-Mode.

This would be great and also free the 5D-Button (downwards) for other tasks!

Z22 Poland | Reply

3/5/2012 2:15:50 AM #

Congratulations on yer MMO release!

But I am a R.A.T. 9 fanatic user and will never go without wirless again. U did this to me ( make me a wireless junkee ).

But I always knew I would easily once agin pay another $149.00 for a wireless version with more buttons.

On the other hand...
If u release an MMO for us Fans who r willing to spend the ridiculous dollars. Could u please release it without the steam punk bronze/copperish accents and instead release it with the classic stealth badass design.

Thank you! And the money is already in the bank... so shut up and take my money please! ( my R.A.T. 9 makes me so happy... bless u )

Claydough United States | Reply

3/5/2012 8:47:57 AM #

Dear all,

Im am trying to use a MMO7 under MAC OS X Lion, latest release. Unfortunately if will not do the following:

1) Recognize my DOCK when hovering over, means I cannot access the hidden dock, it will not recognize active corners and activate them etc.

2) Mouse Buttons are not behaving according to expectations, means I haveto double click where I only normalyy need to click etc.

3) If I open the Cyborg Software entry in System Settings, and want to start the Profile Editor, it does not start.

4) When running Windows7 in Parallels, the problems above still persist, independant of whether I actively assign the MMO7 to Parallels or not. If I install the Cyborg Software and Drivers on the virtual Windows, they do not find the Hardware, so this is also no option, also independant of assignement in Parallels.

Apart from that on my Windows machine, MMO7 as well as the keyboard Cyborg7 work like a charm. But I wanna get rid of my Windows machines, therefore any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
MJ.

Mjolnin Germany | Reply

3/5/2012 5:47:22 PM #

Is this still persisting after uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

3/6/2012 2:11:36 PM #

Hi there, awesome mouse! Playing it only 2 days so far, and if it remains intact (which I strongly believe at this high quality) its the best partner for my Cyborg V.7 Keybord. I would just love it, if you could please make an ingame PI (just like the WoW PI) for the upcoming Guild Wars 2 - that would be very helpfull in the PvP Part. Keep it up guys - doing some fine work here!

Ff

Falkenflug Germany | Reply

3/7/2012 3:45:03 AM #

When will this mouse be available in Australia?

Jonno Australia | Reply

3/7/2012 10:39:14 AM #

It was expected towards the end of this month.  You can check with our distributor using the following contact details:

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd
126 Bonds Road , Riverwood, NSW 2210,Australia
Tel: + 61 2 9533 3055
sales@hes.net

3/7/2012 2:45:53 PM #

Wow... these guys prices are ridiculously expensive! Like $85 more expensive than other retailers for the R.A.T 7.

Jonno Australia | Reply

3/8/2012 10:23:59 AM #

All stock in Australia should come through them - they're the distributor - so you can still find out from them when the M.M.O.7 is expected.

3/24/2012 9:19:56 AM #

Sorry about that misunderstanding! I ended up getting it from amazon.com for $129 and am pleased with the build quality. A note I would like to add was that because I was used to the light weight of my deathadder I originally took all the weights out of the mmo 7. I do get bad RSI which I was getting with the deathadder and then the mmo 7 at first, but I read a review on amazon that said to leave the weights in because it's actually easier on your wrist. I was thinking, "pfft yeah right.." But I tried it anyway, put them back in and Wow! instantly far more comfortable to use and haven't had any aches since.

Jonno Australia | Reply

3/12/2012 1:14:45 PM #

Please give us an software update to program the main left and right buttons and mouse wheel. Every gaming mouse from other brandd have the ability to do so. It shoould be an easy job.

Tebra | Reply

3/24/2012 7:33:19 PM #

Roman Russia | Reply

3/12/2012 4:40:04 PM #

Any chance of you guys coming up with a different edition to this mouse? I love the layout and the feel, the buttons seem designed better than any other mmo mouse I've tried, but the orange just looks so awful to my eyes. I'll be kicking myself for buying it now if you'll release something great like the albino for r.a.t. 7 a few months after.

Praetor Finland | Reply

3/16/2012 5:41:47 PM #

Tebra | Reply

5/22/2012 10:55:18 AM #

KaiNoon Germany | Reply

3/14/2012 9:25:05 PM #

Hi, I'm enjoying my brand new R.A.T.7 but dunno whe to put those *.pr0 files on OS X.
Somebody can help me ?

leokun France | Reply

3/15/2012 12:56:48 PM #

They go in your <user's home directory>Library/Application Support/Smart Technology/RAT folder.

3/16/2012 9:44:17 AM #

the WoW addon does not work! iv installed everything listed and when i press the mode button nothing happens!

haydn United Kingdom | Reply

3/16/2012 11:33:43 AM #

Have you loaded the plug in profile into the M.M.O.7 first before running WoW?  Instructions are on the curse.com plug in page.

3/20/2012 2:30:15 AM #

Any chance for new colors soon? Orange is incredibly ugly. I'm hoping for an all black or a white/contagion version soon.

Vern United States | Reply

3/20/2012 11:56:48 PM #

When will it be available for retail in Canada?

Legtho | Reply

3/21/2012 1:22:26 PM #

It's available now:

gamesharkstore.ca/viewItem.asp

3/30/2012 3:01:06 AM #

I meant in stores.

Legtho | Reply

3/30/2012 10:16:38 AM #

You may have to wait for a bit - brick and mortar retail only take new products on at certain points in the year so the initial quantities all went to online retailers.

3/31/2012 2:13:28 AM #

Thanks.

Legtho Canada | Reply

3/23/2012 11:37:05 AM #

So, can I hope in next software update we will find ability to fully remap all buttons and wheel (ActionLock, Shift, DPI switch etc.)? Only this issue stops me to buy this marvelous mice.

Roman Russia | Reply

3/23/2012 8:56:00 PM #

Hi,I bought M.M.O.7 gaming mouse in the hope.

I have been using this play for the MMO,
"Action-lock-button" let me big mistake, so many times!

Until they can be remapped "Action-lock-button" updated,
this mouse is useless for me...

Please announcement this ploblem as soon as possible.

Ricecooker Japan | Reply

3/29/2012 9:47:59 PM #

Hello, im testing the m.m.o.7 it work great.
Just add in the software the possibility to macro all the special buttons (action lock,dpi and the shift.
thanks

ragefactory Italy | Reply

3/31/2012 5:04:18 PM #

Got mine yesterday, unboxing made me puke rainbows.
Action lock is perfect for minecraft (also mapped the joystick to wasd, wheel click to jump and forward back to inventory / menu)
Really great mouse, good grip, fits perfect in mine quite large hands. Sadly my passive hub don't provide enough power to run it, had to plug it into pc directly (btw how much watt etc. do the mouse need?).

Valerij Germany | Reply

4/5/2012 5:23:30 PM #

I just got one of these today and I really love it. There are several things that I would like to see and that I believe would add a lot to this already great device.

1. Infrastructure for sharing profiles. A forum or a list of profiles that are sortable by rating and purpose would be a great addition.

2. Utilization of modes. In the default profiles that I have looked at the modes are not being utilized (I consider a mode + mode shift to be one mode). Allowing users to save and load individual modes and combine them into a single profile would make it easier to use a single profile for multiple applications.

3. Additional modes. A limit of 3 modes seems rather arbitrary and users should be able to have an unlimited (or at least very high) number of modes to switch from if that is what they want. Of course being able to customize the color of the mode light would be required for this.

Daniel United States | Reply

4/7/2012 4:42:45 PM #

Hi,
Can you tell me please who will be stocking this in New Zealand and what date it is expected to be released in New Zealand? Thanks.

Elpie New Zealand | Reply

4/10/2012 11:41:57 AM #

Hi,

The contact details for our distributor in NZ are as follows:
Gamewizz Digital Entertainment
14 Canaveral Drive, Albany, Auckland 1330, New Zealand
Tel:+64-9-4770255
support [at] gamewizz.co.nz
www.gamewizz.co.nz

4/16/2012 11:54:27 AM #

Please make the ActionLock buttons configurable, it should be easy software update on your end. If you do this, this mouse will be the best on the market, and well worth the price. The ActionLock buttons are useless because you don't need two. You will never need to hold down left AND right click, so having one button for both of those would have been better. Please just make it configurable, as no one would object to that.

Mahtab United States | Reply

4/17/2012 1:29:17 PM #

Hi,
I have also been waiting for this mouse a realy long time. Any info on when it can become available to south african users? Amazon doesn't even ship it hereSmile I initionaly intended to buy it as a birtday present for someone who's birthday is on 9 May, but it isn't available here via anyway that I am aware of. Info would be appreciated, thanksSmile

juandi South Africa | Reply

4/20/2012 11:38:24 AM #

Hi,

The first batch of M.M.O.7 should be getting to South Africa soon.  You can check in with our distributor directly for updates:

4/17/2012 10:06:58 PM #

Hi,

the 1.1.28 software does not show me any icon in the status menu bar. I'm using OS-X 10.7.3 and just got my MMO7 mouse today. This prevents me from assigning anything but the default profile. And yes, I tried reinstalling, rebooting and retagging the "show status menu bar" in system preferences, no effect.

The following log is from where the driver boot but see that it can't find something, maybe there lies the problem.

4/17/12 9:55:46.678 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: loading device bundle at path: /Library/Application Support/Smart Technology/Devices/CyborgRAT.bundle
4/17/12 9:55:46.683 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 7 (3275)
4/17/12 9:55:46.698 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 3 (3276)
4/17/12 9:55:46.708 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition Albino (3278)
4/17/12 9:55:46.719 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 9 (3322)
4/17/12 9:55:46.730 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 5 (3267)
4/17/12 9:55:46.737 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition Contagion (3277)
4/17/12 9:55:46.745 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition M.M.O. 7 (3280)
4/17/12 9:55:46.752 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: looking for interface for com_MadCatz_driver_CyborgRAT
4/17/12 9:55:46.755 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found interface com_MadCatz_driver_CyborgRAT
4/17/12 9:55:46.000 PM kernel: com_MadCatz_userclient_CyborgRAT[0xffffff8024474c00]::initWithTask(0xffffff80242018b8, 0xffffff80242018b8, -545460846592, 0)
4/17/12 9:55:46.000 PM kernel: com_MadCatz_userclient_CyborgRAT[0xffffff8024474c00]::start(0xffffff8021ccb800)
4/17/12 9:55:46.000 PM kernel: sSetElementEventCallback: 0 0xffffff819951bc30 0xffffff8024487298 0x10002b910
4/17/12 9:55:47.064 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 7 (3287)
4/17/12 9:55:47.072 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 9 (3289)
4/17/12 9:55:47.080 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition Infection (3279)
4/17/12 9:55:47.086 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition R.A.T. 5 (3285)
4/17/12 9:55:47.093 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: found device definition Stealth (3024)
4/17/12 9:55:47.174 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: Could not find image named 'device'.
4/17/12 9:55:47.189 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: *** Assertion failure in -[NSTextFieldCell _objectValue:forString:errorDescription:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1138.32/AppKit.subproj/NSCell.m:1564
4/17/12 9:55:47.190 PM MadCatzSmartTechnology: Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil

Danny Austria | Reply

4/23/2012 9:12:59 AM #

Hi,
I would like to know if at least the software update is being worked on to at least disable the completely useless action lock buttons.
Certainly this is a great mouse but the action-lock button completely messes the experience. I click the action lock (right) unintentionally most of the time since I am using a palm grip to hold the mouse. If there are no intentions of updating the mouse, well... this makes it failure for me.

Thanks

Allen Republic of the Philippines | Reply

4/23/2012 12:15:37 PM #

It's something we're investigating right now - we'll let you know if an update is released.

5/8/2012 4:56:21 AM #

Thanks Richard

Allen Republic of the Philippines | Reply

4/23/2012 3:37:00 PM #

Just received my MMO7 from Amazon. It is indeed the greatest mouse I've had, you guys did a great job. Too bad there's no gunmetal version of MMO (yet?).
My only concern (and a big one) is that Mode, Shift and (mostly) the ActionLock buttons are not programmable.
I seriously hope it's not hardwired and you will be able to remove that limitation with software/firmware update at some point!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Alex Russia | Reply

4/28/2012 6:07:33 PM #

Cool!
Thank you.

Voland United Kingdom | Reply

4/29/2012 8:04:27 PM #

Just to confirm, is the CYBORG RAT software for MAC also usable for MMO7?

I am confused because from the software title, it looks like it is only for the RAT range, and not the MMO 7 range?

Thanks!!

PS: I have a RAT 9 for my mac and loving it!

JP Singapore | Reply

4/30/2012 11:00:39 AM #

Yes, it supports the M.M.O.7 too.

5/13/2012 10:30:32 PM #

Have this RAT MMO 7 arrived Singapore? I can't wait to get one.

Victor Tay Singapore | Reply

5/14/2012 12:31:16 AM #

Hi, I am in doubt of buying an mmo 7 because of the actionlock function and my fear of pushing them at the wrong moment ingame which would probably cause some frustration.

My question is: earlier on in this thread a cyborg employee said that it won't be as simple as a driver update, does this mean that the only fix will be an updated version of the mmo 7 hardware? This is probably the most important question that is on everyones mind when they think of this mouse so some sort of definitive answer would be appropriate, this shouldn't be a secret.

thx

yannick Netherlands | Reply

5/14/2012 10:21:56 AM #

It would be via a firmware update.  There's no secrets - we just don't want to post any further details until we have something for you.

5/14/2012 3:10:05 PM #

Believe me my friend, it is really frustrating. I am getting used to pushing it at the "wrong" moment sometimes causing me the match. Mine is set at orange, whenever I see something blue or green that means I have to push action lock to disable the thing.

I still believe it is a great mouse. I'm praying that the update would come soon. -_-#

Allen Republic of the Philippines | Reply

5/14/2012 8:23:59 AM #

I would like to see a possibility to switch Profiles. Maybe via a special Mousecommand or if this is not easy possible via a parameter to the ProfilerU.exe - eg ProfilerU /p windows while windows is the profile name. I personally have no problems with the actionlock buttons - however if they can reassigned it would be great. In the future it would be great when both mouse-switches which are in line with the 5-way stick would be replace with additional 5-way switches Wink
Thanks, Thorsten

Thorsten Germany | Reply

5/15/2012 9:39:11 AM #

There are 13 buttons with a "mode 2 shift" button that doubles that to 26.
That's enough for me per game. (maybe more than enough!)
Can you please implement a check box/option in the Smart Tech Profile Editor that would allow me to load a separate profile into each of the 3 modes (red,blue, purple)? It would allow me to change between 3 loaded game profiles at the push of the mode button instead of having to open the editor every time i change what i'm doing... I would be happy with (only) 26 buttons per game for that feature!
For example- I would like to have my Battlefield 3 profile on mode 'red', Diablo 3 profile on mode 'blue' and maybe Google chrome profile on mode 'purple'. Laughing

Evan Longmire Australia | Reply

5/15/2012 11:17:49 AM #

This would require a large rewrite of how the software behaves but you can kind of do what you want now - just create a profile where you've programmed each of the games to each of the modes as you just specified.  Load that profile into the mouse and you've got what you need right there.

5/21/2012 6:32:11 PM #

Like so many others, not buying this until the action-lock buttons are programmable.

phoenix United States | Reply

5/22/2012 1:06:30 PM #

Best mouse I've ever used, once I got used to it. Only the person who though of the Action Lock buttons should be beaten with a big stick. Clearly this person is not an MMO player. PLEASE let us disable them otherwise it screws up games a lot in hectic situations!

Gordon United Kingdom | Reply

5/22/2012 3:26:00 PM #

Action Lock needs a disable/remap feature otherwise I'm quite happy with it.

Gordon United Kingdom | Reply

5/22/2012 3:58:44 PM #

its possible cancel de action-lock buttons? or re-programming this?
is very frustrating when you hit accidentally and lose pvp party for this problem... I'm thinking keep my mouse and back to my old razer, becouse is a very hard problem

m0wly Spain | Reply

5/25/2012 9:14:55 PM #

I have to agree with what most people above this post are asking for. The action-lock buttons are HORRIBLE if you don't use them. God knows how many times I've died in games just because I clicked those by accident.

Please please please please please add the ability to disable them.

Hamster Spain | Reply

5/30/2012 2:32:39 AM #

I have given up on a fix for the action-locks, and have my MMO sitting there looking nice but unusable. Since I have notice there have been requests since Febuary and it is almost June, which is 4 months to work on a solution. I have seen other companies who care, work there butts off and have a hotfix with-in a week, and a patch or new software with-in a month. So after waiting for ever on this issue, I have concluded that Cybord does not care about its users, and I will never buy another product from said company.

Joe United States | Reply

5/31/2012 11:04:48 AM #

Sorry you feel like that but your timescales are slightly out - weight of opinion didn't become enough for us to start looking into this until April.  We do listen to our community but in cases like these you have to spend some time working out if you're getting feedback from a vocal minority or if something is a genuine issue.

We've actually been working on this since mid April and, whilst it may seem like it's taking too long, we have an obligation to make sure that anything we release which makes such a major change to a product is fully tested before being released.

We're very near the end of that process so please bear with us whilst we put the finishing touches to the update.

5/31/2012 11:11:13 AM #

guess ill return mine while i can. Too bad too. Everything else on it was good - this feature should never have been released without a way to disable autolock.

Realize when you are DEEP in combat; YOU NOT NEED A SELF-DESTRUCT MECHANISM ON YOUR SO-CALLED GAMING MOUSE! OOPS I FAT FINGERED THE MOUSE BUTTON; OHH NOTHING WORKS NOW! OHH TOO LATE DEAD!

130 bucks for dying BECAUSE your gaming mouse? somehow that just isnt worth it. Tried to like it, tried to work around it. Taking the buttons off would be an option but that would invalidate the warranty... and lead to other possible problems.

Whoever released this with that auto-lock feature needs to be fired. period.

I guess Ill get the razer now.

shawn United States | Reply

5/31/2012 6:37:41 PM #

I'd suggest keeping hold of it until tomorrow at least and keep an eye this thread.  More news then.

5/31/2012 8:55:59 PM #

Thank you for the post and information, I really love the mouse, it is the most confortable mouse I have ever used and can't wait to start using it again.

Joe United States | Reply

6/1/2012 4:40:02 AM #

Sweet! Already excited on the update.
Thanks Richard

Allen Republic of the Philippines | Reply

5/31/2012 12:13:10 PM #

I am throwing my voice of minority here too.
Please make the Action Lock buttons configurable or at least add an option to disable them. I would like to see the other two buttons configurable too - The mode change and shift.

Edward Czech Republic | Reply

5/31/2012 6:41:43 PM #

Smile

You may have missed my point in what I wrote - you're no longer a voice of minority, hence why we're working on it.  Anyway, see my post above.

6/1/2012 8:32:28 AM #

5/31/2012 6:37:41 PM #

Okay in fact Ill give it till monday US time. If nothing by then it's gone.

shawn United States | Reply

6/1/2012 5:55:55 PM #

So, we all know that there are good days and bad days - this turns out to be one of the bad ones. We were going to release the updated firmware today for you but we're afraid that we've uncovered an issue that prevents us from doing so. With something as important as firmware this has to be right so we're going to have to fix the issue and take another pass through testing. Really sorry guys but hopefully this makes you realise how close things are now. More news next week.

6/11/2012 9:33:43 PM #

Want to get one of these, but am waiting to hear about the update to disable the action lock buttons. Hope to get an update soon.

Doug United States | Reply

6/7/2012 3:22:16 PM #

i have just purchased this mouse and got everything installed, i am using windows 7 64 bit, the mouse works fine but the try icon is not there. i cannot sync my mouse to the wow addon, i belive this is due to the lack of a tray icon! please help.

trhg44 United Kingdom | Reply

6/7/2012 6:01:51 PM #

Did you install the drivers and the programming software?  They're separate downloads...

6/12/2012 10:14:29 AM #

The WoW plug-in is installed with the M.M.O.7 but you'll need to download the mmo7wow.pr0 profile - it's in the MMO profile pack on the downloads page.  Copy the profile to your C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles folder and it will then appear in the pop-up list.

6/13/2012 10:51:45 AM #

Opened a support ticket as mine doesn't run any profiles. In the test area, no matter what profile is loaded, only the 3 main buttons show up. I am now having to open another support ticket to look into the original support ticket as it hasn't even been assigned to anyone for 5 days now. I have also stopped using it due to the completely pointless "actionlock" buttons. Who in R&D even thought this would be a good idea? All of this makes me a sad panda.

Bev United Kingdom | Reply

6/13/2012 7:20:28 PM #

Sounds like the programming drivers aren't installed.  Try reinstalling the programming software and make sure that the programming support drivers are installed - you can check in Device Manager to see if they are: they're under the Programming Support group in there.

6/19/2012 6:22:29 PM #

Thanks Richard. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed and it now works. Whats bizarre is that this machine has had Windows 7 re-installed recently so quite why I needed to install the drivers twice is a mystery. It's also a shame that I got an answer on a comments section of a blog and my support ticket is still sitting there untouched Frown

Also thanks for sorting the Action Lock buttons Smile

Bev United Kingdom | Reply

6/19/2012 7:33:47 PM #

Yes, sorry about that.  I'm not part of the tech support team and I only really have to worry about the posts here on the blog (in addition to my main job requirements here in product development), so my response may be quicker than the support team given that they have a far larger quantity of tickets to work through.

We are working on improving the support team's response times but then that's one of the many reasons why we run other means of contacting us such as the blog or the Facebook page.

Glad things are working fine for you!

6/13/2012 7:17:49 PM #

Many apologies for the delay in getting this out to you guys - sometimes fixing bugs can be like getting air bubbles out of wallpaper: you get rid of one and three more pop up elsewhere.

So here's the link for the firmware updater - it includes a video detailing how to use it but it should be pretty self-explanatory.  Please note that for now this is for Windows Vista and 7 users only - XP and Mac users can take their M.M.O.7 to a Windows Vista/7 PC, install the M.M.O.7 drivers and the updater, update their mouse and then bring it back to their computer though.

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/MMO7_UpdateTool_Setup.zip

We're pushing this out now and will follow up with the update to the programming software that will then enable you to program the Action Lock buttons - when that's released then we'll do a full blog post about it but we wanted to get this to you ASAP and not having you waiting whilst the updated software also gets finalised through testing.

Here's a list of FAQs to go along with this release:

Important Points

M.M.O.7 drivers must be installed on your system before you run the updater.
Do not unplug the M.M.O.7 from your computer during the update process.
Do not reboot or power down your computer during the update process.
Do not close the program during the update process.

FAQs

What do I do if I accidentally unplug the M.M.O.7 during the update process?

If you unplug the device during an update it will remain in limbo and not function at all. The program will alert you that an error has occurred and will prompt you to reconnect the device. Once you have reconnected the device you will need to press TAB on your keyboard to highlight the available update option, and then press ENTER to restart the process.

What do I do if I accidentally reboot my system during the update process?

Restarting Windows will also trap your mouse in the limbo status. To rescue it, use your keyboard to navigate your Start > Programs menu and rerun the update tool. Press TAB on your keyboard to highlight the available update option, and then press ENTER to restart the process. If the percentage indicator stays at 0% you may need to unplug and replug the USB connector, then restart the update process.

What do I do if I close the application during the update process?

The update program will not allow you to close it during the update process. If the program closes unexpectedly, follow the steps from FAQs 2 and 3.

The update has completed successfully, but my mouse cursor will not move, how do I fix this?

If at any point after an update, the mouse comes back and the sensor does not respond (but the buttons and LEDs do), simply unplug and replug the USB to get full functionality.

6/14/2012 6:00:52 AM #

Great, so happy to see this update. I am going to pick up a mmo7 asap now. Im sure I wasent the only one waiting for this to drop before buying.  Great work!

Doug United States | Reply

6/13/2012 7:31:03 PM #

Thanks alot for the action lock fix, perfect mouse now ^^

Sear United Kingdom | Reply

6/14/2012 2:19:24 AM #

Thanks for the update.  It really cements the mmo7 as the best mouse out there.

Ken Adams United States | Reply

6/14/2012 3:13:09 AM #

Yep -- the action lock fix worked perfectly -- thank you! Looking forward to the software update. =)

Bwappo United States | Reply

6/14/2012 8:27:03 PM #

Perfect. The best mouse ever now for me. Smile

JonDo Germany | Reply

6/15/2012 3:12:21 AM #

thanks for that update, the mouse works well

gintoki Spain | Reply

6/15/2012 5:56:48 PM #

Awsome ! Thank you very much. Now i can play FPS as well......without getting in trouble just because of pressing this damn button.

Now this mouse is great !

SPatriot Germany | Reply

6/16/2012 7:16:23 AM #

Thank you very very much for sending out the fix.  I bought this mouse yesterday and I love the feel of it.  It seemed to be the perfect mouse but after I found out I couldn't bind the action lock keys I was quite disappointed.

MMO gamers don't need: action-locks, DPI buttons, shift buttons.
WE JUST NEED MORE BUTTONS FOR OUR BINDS!!!!! so thank you very very much for giving us hope that some day soon we will be able to bind those shiny orange action lock buttons.  Once we can bind the action lock, DPI and shift buttons YOU WILL HAVE THE PERFECT MOUSE.

Any idea when we could see the software update?

A Hopeful action MMO gamer playing TERA,
Jon

JonTuico United States | Reply

6/16/2012 4:16:47 PM #

So happy to hear that you fixed the issue with the action buttons..

now all I am missing is the ability to rebind the DPI button and turn off the DPI lights on the side of the mouse.
I hope this is in the works - but the mouse is now good enough that I am going to buy it! Smile

Thank you and have a great day!

Lars Denmark | Reply

6/16/2012 4:48:48 PM #

Please, don't let us wait again several months and provide the updated software quickly, so that we can finally reprogram the action-lock-buttons and DPI-switch!

Gregor United States | Reply

6/21/2012 5:44:40 AM #

My mmo7 was delivered today. Its amazing. Going to apply the fix for the action lock tomorrow. Any eta for the software update? Also any chance of auto profile switching being added in the future?

Doug United States | Reply

6/21/2012 11:03:09 AM #

Software: We're working on it!
Auto switching: We're working on it, but in the meantime you might want to try this which was created by a member of our community:

www.tomshardware.co.uk/.../64567-29-madcatz-cyborg-auto-profiler

7/2/2012 6:05:14 PM #

Any updates on the software?

Doug United States | Reply

7/3/2012 6:06:09 PM #

It was released yesterday - check the main blog for the post about it or just go to the downloads page and select your OS and the M.M.O.7.

6/26/2012 11:14:54 AM #

Hi,

I wish to share with you a problem with mmo 7 I had and how I solved it so if you experience the same issue it might help you.

If your windows won't turn off even after prolonged time, if it won't start (stuck on black screen just before it should load), your mmo 7 is not reacting and you have recently plugged out and in usb cables chances are that the cause of the problem is mmo 7 (it was in my case anyway). Another symptom is that even when you plug your mmo7 in, the only controls that are lit is DPI indicator, otherwise the mouse is dead. It also messes up other usb deviced - they stop working properly.

Long story short: unplug EVERYTHING from usb slot, leave ony a generic mouse (NOT mmo 7) and keyboard. Uninstall mmo 7 "Smart Technology" software. Restart the computer. It should start without any problems. Reinstall mmo7 drivers and software (I ran the program as administrator). You can plug the rest of usb devices now. Restart and make sure everything is working.

There is probably an easier way but this one worked for me.

I have a new computer (a month old), freshly installed legal Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate a good antivirus and firewall that I know how to set up. (Meaning the problem was not due to messy system, old hardware or anything like that).
I have been around PC since 286s so I know how to troubleshoot if something goes wrong. (Meaning that if this was a trivial issue I wouldn't bother to write it here).

Edward Czech Republic | Reply

10/16/2012 10:53:17 PM #

I'm having this exact problem, it started obviously after I rebooted my computer in the middle of the driver update for the mmo 7. Y'know, that one thing I should've known to definitely never do ever? Yeah I did that.

Anyways, your solution worked fantastically, and I just wanted to thank you for saving my new gaming rig. You are a living god.

Michael Canada | Reply

7/4/2012 2:21:07 PM #

Wow this is a thrilling post! And the most surprising fact is that I came up to it just the day after the major Action-Lock feature fix was complete! With this your product i now absolutely perfect (IMO) and if it were to be a nuclear crisis I would already be stacking hundreds more of these for there is no other equal!
Thank you ever so much Richard for all your support, it must be a really straining job and yet you seem to out stand every feature of it. In hope that the reviewing world will know of your continuous effort and show what of an mind blowing Human Interface Device this product is becoming.
A sincerely grateful gamer.

Jack France | Reply

7/6/2012 1:00:41 PM #

I wonder if the Action Lock feature was dreamed up by the CEO's son/daughter/Wife/Mother/SO or dog, as there seems to be a deafening silence as to the ability to disable this feature which is useless to me.

My MMO7 goes back in the box and the old MXRev comes back out...

Sadface.jpg

Darren Japan | Reply

7/6/2012 1:05:02 PM #

In fact, disregard my previous post, for I suck.

Disabled Actionlock = happyface.jpg and the MMO7 goes back on duty.

Darren Japan | Reply

7/9/2012 10:05:54 PM #

Hey there!

Is it gonna be a wireless version of MMO7? If it will - when?

Viva United States | Reply

7/15/2012 8:12:39 PM #

Still waiting for a mmo 7 Contagion to buy it ^^!

Amand France | Reply

7/21/2012 3:04:47 PM #

Hi all, I'm having problems with my MMO 7 mouse, I don't know how to create a macro for precision aim! This is the first time I'm using R.A.T Gaming mouse. Please I need help? I want to use the precision aim for Battlefield3.

Jan-Christiaan Russouw South Africa | Reply

7/23/2012 10:51:02 AM #

Hi,

The precision aim function is locked to the central position on the 5D button - just adjust how much you want it to cut mouse sensitivity by in the settings screen of the software.

7/27/2012 11:00:38 PM #

Hi!
Need a little helpSmileProblem with WoW addon (installed and reinstalled according to the instructions from curse): Cyborg head not displayed; spells drag&drop on the addon panel not work; no menu "Cyborg MMO7 Plugin" in Options/Interface/Addons (other addons turn off).
-OS: Win7 x64;
-latest mouse drivers and software has installed;
-try different Character Type;
-Windows and game language setting - russian;
p.s. sorry for my english

Andrey Ukraine | Reply

7/30/2012 11:23:18 AM #

Hi,

Are you loading the MMO7_WoWAddon.pr0 file into the M.M.O.7 before starting the game?

7/28/2012 12:13:06 AM #

Hey, i cant choose the wow addon, when clicking on the button in the system tray, i dont have the folder called documents, Saitek SD6 Profiles?! any suggestions?

Jascha Germany | Reply

7/30/2012 11:14:48 AM #

Hi,

Try putting the profile in your C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles folder.

8/2/2012 3:18:23 AM #

just got this mouse, love almost everything about it, except the fact that i cant bind three of the buttons beyond their preset functions. [dpi/shift/mode] i know changing stuff like that is a pain, but i think a lot of people, judging by this thread, would appreciate the option for them to be used as regular buttons. any possibility for a fix in the near future? thanks.

bee United States | Reply

9/2/2012 12:38:36 AM #

Just adding a vote to the disable the action button, its horrible for fps... making it a horrible gamingmouse, based on that every other mouse made in history would be better for my fps gaming.

Martin Norway | Reply

9/4/2012 11:04:12 AM #

Hi,

You can already disable it:

www.cyborggaming.com/.../MMO7-Software-Update.aspx

9/11/2012 3:20:08 PM #

I recently got my MMO7 and I've got a real problem with the insallation of the driver on Win 64Bit. It just refuses to install and I can't find any answers on the net... someone please help me!

Teun Netherlands | Reply

9/12/2012 5:05:56 PM #

Hi.  What exactly is going wrong with the installation?  Are you getting any error messages?

9/24/2012 10:01:00 PM #

Hi all and hi Richard. I recently got the mmo 7 to play Planetside 2 with, and it is working great. Before this I have been using several iterations of the MS intellimouse 3.0 but I thought it was time to step it up a notch for PS2.

I am super pleased with the mouse and all but I do have some ponderings.

I have been trying to disable the "action lock" keys but cannot figure out how to do it. I read that you guys released some new dirvers and software that should allow people who own the mmo 7 to disable the action keys but really I cannot make it work. Been at it for 2 hours now and tried everything.

1) Install driver Range_MMO7_SD7_0_20_0_64Bit_Drivers
2) Plug in mouse when it asks for it
3) reboot
4) check so there are no errors in device manager ( I had that before due to multiple driver installs )
5) boot into windows, close down the ST program that comes with the basic driver
6) Install software Range_MMO7_SD7_0_20_0_64Bit_Software
7) reboot again
8 boot into Win 7
9) Launch ST, go into programming section. Choose action lock, set it to BUTTON, pick mouse 1 for action lock 1 mouse 2 for action lock 2. Save. Activate profile.
10 Test it on desctop, action lock still locks both mouse 1 and mouse 2 when dragging mouse around desctop and picking up random files.

What am I doing wrong here? I tried unprogramm the button, still locks mouse 1 and 2. I tried Everything I can think of.

Any member of the community or richard who can give me some pointers to what I am missing here?

Thanks in advance!

/edit

Oh, it would be awesome if you guys could come up with some solution so that we can latch the "sniper button", that would really really be great since at moment you can not really press it down and hold it since you need a relaxed hand to snap in those drag shots with a sniper rifle.

Elle JH Sweden | Reply

9/24/2012 10:10:36 PM #

Oh snap. I figured it out.

Guys, you can't call it "update tool", to any computor savvy person that means unnecessary bloatware that is for computor illiterate people who cannot manually download new drivers for their system.

I disgarded that "update tool" the very second I saw it when I was DLing the software some day ago. /facepalm. Oh well I figured it out now and all is working great now!

Elle JH Sweden | Reply

11/9/2012 12:25:28 PM #

Hi, recently received a replacement m.m.o.7 mouse, but the m.m.o.7 update tool doesn't detect the mouse.  Two things that may cause this:

Just updated to windows 8 64bit everything else works fine but seems the most likely cause.

Other thing is this may be a new revision of the mouse, the packaging was very different to the last one and seems to have a different logo on the thumb rest.

any ideas how to disable action lock on this?  Thanks Smile

James S United Kingdom | Reply

11/12/2012 5:18:19 PM #

Ah yes - you've got the latest version which doesn't need the firmware updater any more to disable the action lock - make sure you install the latest drivers and software from our site and you should find the option to disable the Action Lock within the settings.

11/26/2012 9:56:19 PM #

I cant get this thing to work, I hate to be negative...but when i google manual i get a huge oversized pdf..that does not explain the buttons on the macro setup whats the difference between latched ( dictionary did the trick here) or what is the locked shift symbol , great looking but no explanation..

Using mountain lion and 1.59 from 26.11.

I unplug the mouse ..i can assign everything in WOW directly button 1 till button 15...but as soon as i press the shift button

for example button 4,5 go to [] and NEVER get back to ..you pressed button 4,5... I can assing what i want ...x,y for example..the mouse will only deliver [] to the game...ofc it works in the test window..this is very frustrating i need the shift button to work not only in the ratz app, but ingame..english keyboard, english system...

right now i can only unplug the mouse and work with button 1..15...dissatisfying
Frown

Georg Egger Austria | Reply

11/27/2012 12:18:38 PM #

The shift button only works with the programming software - assigning buttons directly in WoW won't give you access to that... unless you're using our WoW plugin which is a whole different matter.

So could you definitively explain what it is that you're trying and we'll see if we can better direct you.

12/2/2012 2:14:11 PM #

I cannot get the WoW addon to work. I've updated the mouse, installed the drivers, and its ready to use.

However, in game, it is not detecting the mouse when i hit the mode button. The cyborg head stays black. Also, the binds do not work. Please help!

Kalvin United States | Reply

12/3/2012 12:58:50 PM #

Hi,

Have you loaded the profile for the plugin into the M.M.O.7 before going into WoW?  This is covered in the instructions on the Curse listing page for the add-on.