21. December 2011 18:03

Profile Packs are go!

by richard

Right, that’s it, stick a fork in us: we’re done.  We’re coming to the end of another year; one that flew by pretty quickly for us whilst we worked on various new delights for you (more on that soon).  Gaming-wise we were spoilt silly by the sheer level of humour displayed by Portal 2 in April (still the funniest thing in gaming, cinema and T.V. this year) and then basically waited, breathless with anticipation, for Battlefield 3 and Skyrim.  Yes, we dabbled with various games in the meantime but they meant nothing to us (except for our unhealthy addiction to Left 4 Dead 2 at lunchtimes).

So we’ve created profiles for those last two (not for Portal 2 though – seriously, you only need WASD, E, Space and your R.A.T.!) and also added a bunch of M.M.O. profiles in anticipation of the M.M.O.7.  Whilst we were at it we thought we’d reorganise how we deal with our profile packs and add support for the M.M.O.7 back into all the previously released profiles, so here you go (click the name ofd the pack you want to start the download):

FPS Profile Pack
ARMA 2, Aliens Vs. Predator, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Bioshock, Bloody Good Time, Borderlands, Brink, Bulletstorm, Call of Duty (all of them – they haven’t changed the controls yet!), Crysis, Crysis 2, Counterstrike: Source, Duke Nukem Forever, Day of Defeat: Source, Front Mission Evolved, Half Life 2, Homefront, Left 4 Dead 2, Metro 2033, Medal of Honour, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Section 8 Prejudice, Shattered Horizon, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Team Fortress 2

Action Profile Pack
Assassin’s Creed, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dead Rising 2, Dead Space 2, Just Cause 2 Lost Planet 2, Mafia II, Red Faction Armageddon, Space Marine, Transformers: War For Cybertron

M.M.O. Profile Pack
Age Of Conan, Aion, D&D Online, DC Universe Online, Entropia Universe, EVE Online, Everquest 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Rift, Runescape, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Tera, Warhammer Online, World Of Tanks, World Of Warcraft, World of Warcraft profile for M.M.O.7 Plug-in

RPG Profile pack
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, Minecraft, Mount & Blade, Witcher 2

Strategy Profile Pack
Civilisation V, Command & Conquer, Company of Heroes, Dawn Of War, Empire: Total War, Homeworld 2, League of Legends, Napoleon: Total War, Shogun 2: Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire, Starcraft 2, Supreme Commander,  Supreme Commander 2

Non-Gaming Profile Pack
CS5 After Effects, CS5 Dreamweaver, CS5 Flash, CS5 Illustrator, CS5 InDesign, CS5 Photoshop, CS5 Premiere, Firefox, Google Chrome, Google Earth, Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Solidworks, Visual Studio, Windows 7.

You'll need to open the zip file and then copy the folder within to your C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles directory (or <user's home directory>Library/Application Support/Smart Technology/RAT for Mac).  The profiles will then appear in the pop-up list you get when you right click the R.A.T. icon next to your clock.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Downloads | News

Comments

12/28/2011 8:00:16 PM #

I was just wondering where I could find some premade profiles for TF2 and Skyrim, when WHAM! the RAT team slaps the right in front of my face. Not to mention, throwing in a Windows 7 profile.

Chris United States | Reply

1/3/2012 7:36:14 PM #

I have a question -

The mouse have 3 different profiles/modes (red - blue - purple). I want to set the red mode to windows profile pack, blue mode to BF3 profile pack and the purple one to MW3 profile pack. The problem im having is that all the modes are the same. I can only change by right click on the small icon in the task manager and select my wished mode. I much rather just click on the mouse. Thx for answer.

MSeek Sweden | Reply

1/4/2012 1:05:20 PM #

The mode button is for different modes within a profile - you can't assign different profiles to each mode.  To get what you're suggesting you would need to edit a profile (say the Windows one) and add the assignments you want for BF3 to Mode 2 and the ones for MW3 to mode 3 within that profile.

4/29/2012 2:06:38 PM #

hy , i dont undersatnd the exact setup wich i must follow to create the profile you r explain , ive tryied diferent combinations but i cant geted , so if you can put the exact steps to follow to create separate profiles for that modes i ll really by grateful . thank you . Sry for my bad english .

robert stefan Spain | Reply

4/30/2012 5:51:52 PM #

Hi,

If you want to do this then the trick is to not create separate profiles.

Just open the profile editor and program the commands you want for game 1 (whatever that is) into Mode 1.  Then program the commands for game 2 into Mode 2 and the ones for Game 3 into Mode 3.

Save the profile and then load it into the mouse - you've then got three different games' commands programmed into the R.A.T..

5/31/2012 9:27:24 PM #

Hi,
I've the same problem. Isn't there a possibility to merge 3 or 6 Profiles to one, without programming the single modes by myself? Because I used the BF3 profile and then every mode / shift mode of my MMO7 was configured the same, so I had to change the whole profile to use the "back" function of the mouse inside a browser for example. That's not really comfortable...
So can I export/import single modes of a profile or anything like that? Would be very helpful.

pr0pag4nda Germany | Reply

6/1/2012 9:21:07 AM #

We're afraid not - there's no export function because profiles are self-contained.

1/18/2012 4:27:31 AM #

Hi,
I'm looking to buy the rat 5 or 7 but based on what I've seen so far, horizontal scrolling is only achieved by mapping the left and right keyboard button. Will you ever bring support to true horizontal scrolling? I want to use this mouse for both gaming and for when I edit in Avid Media Composer. To me side scrolling is a pretty big thing and it is a potential deal breaker for me.

MikeV United States | Reply

1/18/2012 12:19:27 PM #

Horizontal scroll hasn’t been implemented yet although it’s something we’re looking into.  There are licensing issues - horizontal scroll isn’t just a free feature that you can implement whenever you like, believe it or not!  That’s the situation as it stands at the moment.

1/24/2012 7:39:07 AM #

Thank you so much for replying back. I hope to hear from the good news from you guys soon! I would really love to be able to be able to use horizontal scrolling soon! As soon as I get news on this, I will go out to buy one immediately. (I'm probably going to get the R.A.T 7 since I have plenty of space for wires.)

MikeV United States | Reply

2/18/2012 4:35:39 PM #

Serious? Someone patented horizontal scrolling? WTF. Patents are soo stupid for simple, natural, logical features. Hope you guys find a way around it though, that thumb-wheel was built for it.

Zync Australia | Reply

1/22/2012 6:24:59 AM #

Just installed my RAT7, what a FANTASTIC piece of hardware! Kudos to your designers! Now tell me where I can get a keyboard just as awesome!

RobertM United States | Reply

2/21/2012 11:43:23 PM #

hi man... i like your profiles and i am wondering if you can create any profile for autocad 2012 and inventor fusion. there are programms from autodesk.... of if you can tell me how to create some because i try and i didnt make it...thx m8....

Verady Greece | Reply

3/6/2012 1:25:40 PM #

Hi! There are no CS5 adobe profiles for MAC!! would you add pls??

Baoshare Paraguay | Reply

3/6/2012 4:08:37 PM #

Good spot - we need to get that link added back to the main website.  The CS5 pack was made a while back and here's the direct link:

3/12/2012 2:39:33 AM #

Why Cyborg doesn't add support for macro to Left/right button mouse? For gaming specially for FPS is a good thing.

Matt-One Italy | Reply

4/5/2012 9:01:43 AM #

Why there is no profile for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reconing?

N1ck Poland | Reply

4/5/2012 3:00:28 PM #

To be completely honest, no one here has played it.  Many were still playing Skyrim at that point and then by the time we'd finished that (some of us still haven't) the thought of another RPG in that mould just didn't appeal!

If you've got a profile that you've made then send it in and we can include it in the pack - rneville [at] madcatz [dot] com

5/18/2012 9:52:47 PM #

You guys should add a Tribes Ascend profile.  Best game ever you should try it out if you haven't.

Gabe United States | Reply

5/29/2012 4:13:10 PM #

+1. Tribes: Ascend will definitely expand within FPS scene in the near future and would be great to get some delicious profiles for it. Despite being a shooter, there's quite a lot of bind to assign. Looking forward to it!

Cheers.

Painstouch Slovenia | Reply

5/27/2012 12:56:07 AM #

@Richard
So It's just my first week with the Cyborg R.A.T.-7 Contagion mouse. I created a new profile set for Syndicate game. Plus a Rage profile. Both are not included in the FPS Profile Pack we can download from the website.
If you like, and on behalf of the whole community I can provide you files via email writing to eusupport at madcatz.com. Just write me back Smile

dzrzrd Italy | Reply

5/29/2012 6:36:05 PM #

Hey, much appreciated.  Make sure you let them know that they're for me!

6/24/2012 1:52:06 AM #

Just bought the RAT 7 with the Razer Vespula mousepad...  what a
great combination.  I am using the RAT primarily for Autodesk 3ds Max,
and Photoshop....  Does anyone have or know where I can get a profile
for Autodesk 3ds Max ???   I've looked but can't find it anywhere...
This mouse is simply superb, I am in the programs for many many hours
at a time and this mouse is nothing but comfortable.  My thanks to
all of those involved with it's design..  Now if I just had a profile
for 3ds Max it would be heaven.

TwH

Thomas United States | Reply

7/2/2012 9:22:07 AM #

Hi, Great Mouse, Just got it today. I was wondering why you havnt made it so you can automatically assign profiles to programs. That would make it so much better. Casue i just got a nostromo and thats were i got the idea from. Otherwise i love it. Just tedious having to swap every time i change programs.

Dztrbd Australia | Reply

7/2/2012 10:40:46 AM #

That's something we're looking into - more news as we have it.

7/6/2012 5:49:50 AM #

Just got it all set up - amazing.. how did I go so long without knowing about this.  In future models I really hope you make all the lighting customizable, would have liked to have all the red lights be blue!

Sev Canada | Reply

8/23/2012 10:34:29 AM #

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible,it is extremely helpful for me.

drowning scary kids scaring kids lyrics United States | Reply

10/29/2012 12:20:53 AM #

i would like to know if you guys are making a new profile for autocad, it would be great!! amazing mouse! it would be crazy if the profiles switch automaticly when you change program i believe you can get it!!

rickybnz Spain | Reply

11/25/2012 12:50:12 AM #

How do i use the profile packs?

Chuck huntsman United States | Reply

11/26/2012 6:21:26 PM #

Hi,

Download the zip file you want, open it and copy the contents to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles folder on your PC.  That will then place them in the pop-up list you get when you click the R.A.T. icon in your system tray.  Just click the profile from there to load it into your R.A.T..

11/27/2012 2:37:48 AM #

Do they have settings already in them?

Chuck huntsman United States | Reply

11/27/2012 12:14:32 PM #

1/2/2013 4:51:06 PM #

does the software for bioshock work with bioshock 2? for the rat 9 thanks

6-GUN Canada | Reply

1/3/2013 2:41:27 PM #

Yes, you should be fine - can't think of any major control differences between the two.

1/14/2013 2:01:12 AM #

hmmm i download the profikles, unzip, place them where specified, but when i right click the icon the only "profile" is CyborgMMO7 ----> Graphics

Paradigm United States | Reply

1/14/2013 11:10:11 AM #

What are the contents of your C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles folder?