6. September 2010 17:32

R.A.T.7 programming? I’m drawing a blank…

by richard

EDIT - this is no longer required but we'll leave this article up for reference.  To solve this now you only need to get the latest version of the programming software from the main website download page.

Well this was a strange one – some people have been reporting that when they try and run the programming screen for their new R.A.T.7 that the screen is blank. It appears to mostly be customers in the Nordics and the Netherlands but other regions may be affected too. If you’ve been one of those suffering from this then please follow these instructions to fix it:

1. Go to Control Panel and remove your current installation of the Programming Software via the Add/Remove programs (in XP) or Programs and Features (in Vista/W7)
  2. Click the link below and save the updated beta version of the programming software to your computer (note: DO NOT run from the FTP site, please save the file first)

REMOVED LINKS - SEE NOTE ABOVE

3. Run the new programming software by double clicking the saved icon and follow on screen instructions (they will be the same as the previous version)
  4. In the Profile Editor, click on the Support tab. In the bottom right hand corner of the window will be a collection of national flags that represent the languages the editor can be used in. Left click the desired language flag; it will become transparent when selected.
  5. Close the editor
  6. Re-start the editor from the system tray icon, or from the programs menu on your start bar.

Congratulations: Your programming software will now be fixed! IMPORTANT! The programming page will not be displayed unless a language flag is selected.

Downloads | Tips and Tricks

Comments

9/7/2010 12:05:12 PM #

Hello, where and how can I get this mouse shipped to Israel?!

Michael Israel | Reply

9/9/2010 11:16:31 AM #

you could try our distributor in Israel

IMPI

IMPI Ta Doar 222, Modiin 71700, Israel

Tel:+972-52-6279363

support@impi.co.il

www.impi.co.il

hope this helps

marc United Kingdom | Reply

9/11/2010 10:37:08 AM #

And how about Indonesia?
is there anyway i can get one?

Faisal Indonesia | Reply

9/14/2010 9:12:54 AM #

Thank you for this update!

Right now I can't test it out, but I'm hoping the programming screen works as it should now.

Thanks from Sweden Tong

Thommas Klausen Sweden | Reply

9/15/2010 8:28:21 PM #

Yeah it works now.

Cyp Portugal | Reply

9/15/2010 9:17:29 PM #

This mouse have allready suprised me twice. I wanted a lot. I got MORE.

Eldrave of Brigade Norway | Reply

9/17/2010 12:01:44 PM #

Now it works! Thanks.

Magnus Norway | Reply

9/20/2010 7:24:02 PM #

Hello, where and how can I get this mouse shipped to Mexico?

Thankyou

Guillermo Rodriguez Mexico | Reply

9/21/2010 10:28:12 AM #

When oh when are you releasing the RAT 9 in north america ?

Nik Canada | Reply

9/23/2010 10:10:37 AM #

For shipping to Mexico you would need to find an online U.S. retailer that will ship there - I'm afraid our own online store does not though.

R.A.T.9 release?  Keep checking the blog - we'll let you know when it's shipping.

9/28/2010 5:01:54 PM #

Still have the problem even after updating and done as mentioned above

Thomas Sweden | Reply

9/29/2010 1:01:25 AM #

Try it again, making sure you select English as the language under the support tab - it's solved it for everyone else so it should do so for you too.

9/29/2010 7:56:00 AM #

I still have some problems in Win x64 Pro Eng... Saitek software simply dont installs... Installer integrate programmable support such as Programmable support for mouse and etc. But profile editor dont installs at all.
I have this problem only in x64, in Win 7 x32 Rus i had successfully installed software and it still works

Please contact me as soon as u have solution.
I wrote to technical support desk couple of weeks back, but till now haven't received any answer
Yours faithfully, Dmitry

Ar4erS Russia | Reply

9/29/2010 10:31:52 AM #

If you re-send your email to uksupport@madcatz.com they will be able to help you

marc United Kingdom | Reply

10/1/2010 4:26:17 AM #

hi i was wondering if you ship to australia???

taylor Australia | Reply

10/4/2010 11:00:07 AM #

Here the details of our Australia distributor

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd

126 Bonds Road , Riverwood, NSW 2210,Australia

Tel: + 61 2 9533 3055

sales@hes.net

marc United Kingdom | Reply

10/1/2010 7:09:52 PM #

Thank you for the great Fix! The R.a.t. 7 is without a doubt the most comfortable mouse I've ever had (+12). Excellent support.

eL Netherlands | Reply

10/2/2010 11:41:53 PM #

i purchased a RAT7 and i cannot get the profile editor to work. i installed all the software but as soon as i go to run it the windows "program stopped working" window pops up and another debugging window with some script on it pops up, at the top of it it says i can "email the text to tech support" but it wont let me copy it or click or right click or do anything at all with the text.... i spent over 100 bucks on a gaming mouse for certain features and now i cant even use those features... i tried downloading the old beta software from the site and it doesnt work either... is there anyone else having issues with the smart technologies profile editor?

montana salavea United States | Reply

10/4/2010 10:57:21 AM #

Please get in contact with our technical support guys they will be able to help you

Tech Phone: 1-619-683-2815
Toll Free (USA): 1-800-659-2287
Email: techsupport@madcatz.com

marc United Kingdom | Reply

10/11/2010 5:36:52 PM #

How can i get the R.A.T 9 in Denmark? dont wanna buy it other places any help plzzz? :S

Lukas Denmark | Reply

6/30/2011 4:04:58 AM #

Altså jeg er sgu ikke stødt på den nogen steder i Danmark jeg fik de gamle til at tage den med hjem fra Tyskland godt nok 7'eren jeg har but same same.. Så enten tager du en smuttur til udlandet ellers bliver du sgu nødt til at købe den på netten dude ;)

Aleksander Denmark | Reply

10/11/2010 5:51:50 PM #

It's not out anywhere yet!  We'll be announcing shipping soon but it will be the U.S., U.K. and Germany that get first shipments.

10/14/2010 11:16:53 PM #

What hosting company are you using for your blog?

Banki United States | Reply

10/15/2010 10:22:58 AM #

I have the programming editor blank problem too.
I installed the new software fromm above (7.0.2.7), and the drivers too, to make sure, but the program screen still blank, not working!

I have win xp 32bit. I installed the correct softwares.
Please help!

Juron Hungary | Reply

10/15/2010 11:02:28 AM #

The version above should be 7.0.2.9, not 7.0.2.7.  Did you follow the instructions exactly, including uninstalling the older version and also selecting one of the language flags under the support tab?

10/15/2010 6:20:03 PM #

I downloaded the 7.0.2.9 from here this page, installed it, and now it's working!
Thank you for the help!

IMPORTANT!
I got the 7.0.2.7 software from the support FAQs link!
You should replace the download link with the 7.0.2.9 there!

i545.photobucket.com/.../Rat7_programing_fix.png

One thing for future developement! The main two button very loudly "clicking"! Can be heard from the other room. My last mouse was half noisy than this.
Please take care of this in the future, because can be very annoying if you not using headset.
Other than this, very good product, awesome customization and design!
And absolutelly looks cyber cool! =)

I wish you the best guys!

Juron Hungary | Reply

10/20/2010 3:28:17 AM #

Any update on the Mac utility/drivers? I'd buy one in an instant if it would maintain all of its functionality once I reboot back into OSX... My Mx518 is on its hands and knees, and I'll need to replace it soon but I can't justify the higher price point for something I can only take full advantage of less than 1/4th of the time. In the time I've owned my Nostromo and G15 I've probably used their customizable features more for graphics and media editing than gaming, so all those extra features get me giddy... hopefully support will be ready before I need to break down and buy another 518 :/

Dan United States | Reply

10/20/2010 9:30:09 AM #

As mentioned elsewhere we will let you know as soon as we have something to announce on Mac.  It won't be until early next year though as these things take time!

10/28/2010 12:54:20 PM #

Bonjour
J'ai acheter cette fabuleuse souris qu'est la RAT7 malheureusement je ne peut employer le logiciel dédié malgré la version bêta essayé plus haut sur cette page.
je suis sur Seven X64 le programme s'installe convenablement mais à l'ouverture j'ai un message qu'aucun périphérique n'est détecté et dans mon gestionnaire de périphériques il est parfaitement reconnus avec son icone dédié
Avez-vous une solution ? Merci

Mandelbaum Belgium | Reply

10/29/2010 10:55:01 AM #

Bonjour,

S'il vous plaît frsupport@madcatz.com contacter pour plus assitance

1/5/2011 10:55:23 PM #

This worked the magic on RAT9. Thanks for your support!

ava Poland | Reply

1/8/2011 12:32:23 PM #

Worked like a charm on the same blank screen with R.A.T.9, everything works perfectly, thanks!!!

RAT9 Netherlands | Reply

1/27/2011 7:26:44 PM #

It does,t work for me. My drivers version is Cyborg_RAT_SD7_32_Drivers_pfw, and software ST_7_0_1_12_Software_32bit, on Windows7. I tryed few time, install/unistall and nothing, programming screen is blank...

Paul Poland | Reply

2/3/2011 5:08:09 PM #

Hello!
This week I bought a R.A.T. 7 In the mouse, only the mouse works great trouble with her ears are not that good programming is just a white window.
What can I do this, what you need to download.
Alive, thank you for your help.
Regards. Norbert

Norbert Hungary | Reply

2/7/2011 11:15:18 AM #

Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully, including the part with the language selection.

2/9/2011 6:53:18 PM #

i just bought new R.A.T 7 and when i run profile editor it doesnt reconognize the mouse anyone knows solution ?

gasper Slovenia | Reply

2/10/2011 1:54:06 PM #

Did you install using the disc that came with the R.A.T. or did you download from the website?  If the latter then make sure that you downloaded and installed the drivers as well as the programming software.

2/22/2011 9:25:51 PM #

here I write the pop up screen that shows when I start the editor :

Smart Technology has stopped working
You can reoprt this error by emailing the text below to uksupport@madcatz.co.uk

Exception
Cannot create instance of 'main window' defined in assembly 'Smart Technology, cersion=7.0.1.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation. Error in markup file 'SmartTechnology.xaml'.

InnterException
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation. ---> system.TypeLoadException: could not load type 'System.Windows.SplashScreen' from assembly 'WindowBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf385ad364e35'.
at SmartTechnology.MainWindow..ctor()
---End of inner exception stack trace---
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstance(Runtime Type type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeChached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)

I'm runnin XP SP3 32-bit and getting frustrated as I try to install mostly all the version of driver and software for my mice, below I list the program versions I tried:
*7.0.0.26 (from the CD on the package)
*7.0.1.12 (downloaded here)
*7.0.2.9  (downloaded from cyborggaming.com)

I hope someone could help me getting my mice working, as I don't want to make it a waste of $100 on a gaming mice that can't even help me play games.

thanks,
AF56, Indonesia.

Aldy Ferdian Indonesia | Reply

2/23/2011 10:56:58 AM #

That would indicate that you need to update your .Net Framework version 3.5 to SP1.  You can get it from this link:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

6/28/2011 7:10:32 AM #

Hi guy, i had the same trouble as you , i just installed the program from this page : http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?page=213

exactly this one : COD Black Ops Stealth Mouse drivers and software (XP,Vista and 7)

it worked for me.

Good luck.

Olivier France | Reply

2/23/2011 6:59:01 PM #

I have some problem installing this.. It says the 64 couldn't be safed, because it couldn't read the source.

Tycho Netherlands | Reply

2/28/2011 11:14:32 AM #

It must be a problem with the download - try downloading it again.

2/27/2011 5:35:51 PM #

Hi i have one other problem but i'll post it here i hope some one will answer it.
When i'm ingame (Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare) my mouse laggs or something its skips and it stays on same spot when i move it with my hand ... anyone know solution answer me please Smile

Gašper Slovenia | Reply

2/28/2011 11:15:18 AM #

Try changing the surface that you're using it on - see if that helps.

3/5/2011 2:07:07 PM #

R.A.T. 7 awesome mouse!
But i'm trying to install main software and nothing happens.
The software is not installed, although no errors appear.
Windows 7 x64 sp1 cyrilic

Thank you for your support and mouse!

Perevaloff Russia | Reply

3/9/2011 5:11:05 PM #

Yes, the Cyrillic version of Windows seems to cause a problem with our installation.  We'll have to look into this.

3/8/2011 1:46:58 AM #

I have tried the documented fix 7.0.2.9 several times on Vista 32 (even tried installing as administrator). The challenge here is that if the screen is blank you have no support tab to choose a language. So the statement "the screen will be blank unless a language is chosen" presents an unfixable problem.

Bill United States | Reply

3/9/2011 5:11:56 PM #

The language selection options are under the Support tab which you should be able to view.

3/8/2011 4:35:33 AM #

i Have (cyborg r.a.t 7 mouse) Problems..the drives load and then the setup start and say plug in USB then the mouse startup, then turn off... Need HELP on how to fix this Problems....

My PC is (Windows Media Center Edition0-Service Pack 2 with a Graphic Card (GALAXY GeForce 200 Series NVIDIA-6X)with a Intel Core 2 Quad 2.55Hz
with 4GB of RAM.....Need HELP on this........

IRON United States | Reply

3/9/2011 5:13:06 PM #

Hi,

Are you able to test the R.A.T. on another PC to see if it does the same thing there?  No need to install the drivers - just plug it in and Windows should install it using its own mouse drivers.

3/12/2011 1:19:56 AM #

HI !!! software for windows 7 64bit (RAT7) as not working and not working !!!!!!!!!! GOD HIMSELF IS NOT FUNNY ??????????

CTARI4OK Russia | Reply

3/14/2011 11:31:20 AM #

Hi,

Try going to your C:\Windows\Temp\Saitek\Cyborg_RAT_3_Gaming_Mouse_SD7_64_Software\00000023 directory (it might be slightly different to that but you should have something similar) and try running the setup.exe from in there.  If that still doesn't install then delete all of the software_locx files from that folder apart from software_loc9.  Then try re-running the setup.exe and see if it then installs.

4/21/2011 2:04:57 PM #

Thank you sir! Its workin now!

Baronello Russia | Reply

3/12/2011 9:51:31 PM #

Helo im having the blank programing screen bug, and i cant download the software from the link.
please put another link so i can make the download, (windows 7 64 bit)
tnx

Bernardo Brazil | Reply

3/14/2011 11:31:48 AM #

Hi,

There were download problems on Saturday - try again and see if you still have the same problem.

3/23/2011 2:30:15 AM #

Guys this really needs to be highlighted better on your website or even better.. let your retailers know about this especially for the northern coyntrys.

I have googled and search for a solution for soon 3hours and i know many will return there RAT9 mouses becouse they cant find this info.

Firstly the CD is corrupt and missing alot fo files. Second the "White Screen of Death Programming" is apearing for atleast 3 of my friends including me when using the software that is downloadable from your Downloading area.

Second The link you present in this blogpost is very unstable. I would recomend you either upload it to a real host or use torrent or any other downloading hosting.. I Downloaded the 64Bit file in both Firefox and IE both of them gave me an corrupt file. 55.4MB  Now when using opera it finally worked.

Using FTP for downloading through Browser is not a safe way and should not be used as a praxis known by alot of people, and you should know better. Cmon.. You guys are making kickass hardware dont fall on a poorly made software and bad information.  A blog is a great way to let people to know whats going on but dont expect Jon Doe to surf your blogs for answer. Why the CD is corrupt or finding this Beta Release.

ok its a Beta. you perhaps dont want it to be public to most people i can understand that. But cmon.. these errors and this beta should have been fixed and released since this post was posted.

anyway.. Take this critisism the correct way.. The mouse is awsome even though i havent been able to toucht he settings (programming) untill just now, just very frustrated after hours of trying to make it work.

And lastly.. The box and packaging is really cool. but i would have still bought the mouse in a brown cardboard box. and i think all of us would have. Atleast here in sweden as 99% of us allready decided to buy before going to the store or ordering it online before seeing the box. i mean the box isnt visable untill you have the cash in your hand ready to give it to the cashier, price is quite high wich i gladly pay for this high quality mouse and i know many pro gamers dont hesitate becouse of the high price, so perhaps we deserve the nice box wich s a nice gesture..But. i would gladly let you guys earn those extra box/packaging money to hire propper "Programmers" instead. ;)

rickard Sweden | Reply

4/1/2011 10:48:56 AM #

Hey..i have this exact same problem, but with the RAT 3.. How can i fix this?

Toorts Netherlands | Reply

4/1/2011 12:28:14 PM #

It's the same fix - download the software from the link and follow the instructions.

4/1/2011 3:53:17 PM #

Hey Richard..thanks dude...It now runs perfectly

Toorts Netherlands | Reply

4/17/2011 3:20:35 PM #

Is it possible to use the DPI sitch as a normal button ?

*BTW thx for the help!

Bart Coolkens Belgium | Reply

4/29/2011 6:02:23 PM #

So before i used the drivers and the software from your website i was using t h generic drivers for the rat 7 mouse. once i switched to your drivers and software i now have an issue that when i unplug the mouse from my laptop my laptop doesn't register it being removed and will not turn back on the touch pad.

CaptainSpoon United States | Reply

5/13/2011 4:45:52 AM #

Why is there no support for the middle click wheel button. Would like to assign a hot key for it.

DocD Canada | Reply

5/13/2011 1:05:25 PM #

There is... it's the Scroll Button listed in the programming page.

5/18/2011 3:45:38 AM #

I can't download the driver and the software from here for a Rat7 on WIn7 x64. Once I click download it keeps "refreshing" and no download. Tried on diff computers and different browsers. Can you fix it please?

Max United Kingdom | Reply

5/18/2011 10:34:48 AM #

The download is working fine at the moment - have you tried again?

5/25/2011 5:08:50 AM #

My new black ops mouse can get new custom profiles after this tutorial Smile

zenobiusz Poland | Reply

6/7/2011 11:25:36 PM #

i got problem with r.a.t 7
Saitek software simply dont installs.
also the Programmable support for mouse. profile editor dont installs at all,when i click on it  its i getting msg " ST.exe  has encountered a problem  and needs to close... pls help me i paid so much for the mouse and now can enjoy from him

i have xp pro 32

tal Israel | Reply

6/9/2011 10:29:14 AM #

Make sure that you have .net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.  You can get it from here:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

6/8/2011 10:22:20 AM #

I cannot download this software at all. If I try, after downloading something around 100KB it shows me the pop up with the information, that the file can't be found at the source and I should ask administrator.
I'm trying to do so for around 4 days now.

Looking foward for resolving this problem asap!

Siwy Poland | Reply

6/26/2011 2:45:57 AM #

Worked!

Hey, i would like to say thank you for this topic. Had af friend which had this issue, and by installing the software it worked! You've don't need to update your drivers to make this work. My friend is using driver version 7.0.2.3 - and the new software driver version 7.0.2.9.

Thanks again!

Nicklas Denmark | Reply

6/28/2011 12:18:57 AM #

I have a new problem.
The cursor didn't work -.- Cursor work 30 sec and then stop
PLS help

Kostek Norway | Reply

6/29/2011 8:16:12 PM #

When I press "64-bit download" it just says web page can't be shown....
So how am I to get the new program?

Björne Sweden | Reply

7/20/2011 8:14:10 PM #

I have R.A.T. 5. When I instal drivers and ST I can't open Profile Editor.
Messege of pop up window:

Smart Technology has stopped working
You can reoprt this error by emailing the text below to uksupport@madcatz.co.uk

Exception

InnterException
at SmartTechnology.MainWindow..ctor()
---End of inner exception stack trace---
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

I have winXP SP2, .NET runtime 3.5 is installed.
I installed .NET in version 4.0, but this fault is still.
Drivers and ST reinstalled and no effectFrown

Andrzej Poland | Reply

7/21/2011 10:57:16 AM #

.Net 3.5 SP1 is needed to fix that - you can get it from here:

www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

7/24/2011 5:24:39 AM #

Thank u very very much, haha began to get desperate Laughing

Mats Norway | Reply

8/16/2011 8:05:45 PM #

Hi! How i can rebind the profile button and the sensivity button? Thanks.

Artem Ukraine | Reply

8/17/2011 10:41:14 AM #

Hi,

The Precision Aim button can be programmed if you have downloaded the latest drivers and software from our website.  The DPI button can not be reprogrammed.

8/21/2011 11:28:40 AM #

Hi! I have an issue with rat7 while i moving mouse sometimes cursor stuck and can be moved only vertically or horizontally. I have already tried to switch surface pad or change settings in windows7(x86) or installing yours latest hard/software, nothing helps. Other than this issue mouse is perfect. Pls help me.

Andriy Ukraine | Reply

8/22/2011 11:26:18 AM #

Hi,

Give the lens on the bottom of the R.A.T. a clean and make sure that there's nothing stuck to the PTFE foot surrounding it.  Issues like this are usually caused by something getting in the way of the laser so make sure you pad is clean too!

8/27/2011 7:47:17 AM #

It works! Smile Thanks.

Pedro Henrique Brazil | Reply

9/2/2011 5:23:03 PM #

Yo Okay well i got another problem for you, i got my RAT7 and theres nothing. No way to program it, i downloaded drivers still nothing, i tried searching my computer for the way and theres nothing, at all no programming thing or ANYTHING. Ive checked place and im told theres supposed to be a CD, well there isnt, im told that for windows 7 (which i have) it auto installs (Which It Did) and that there should be a new icon in my start menu when allows me to prgram the button (Which There IS NOT) so im hitting a wall here, Im playing a MMO and i cant rotate screen, why? because every time click and hold the right click it auto unclicks my right click and therefor i cannot rotate my screen and if i download a new game what help is the RAT7 if i cannot program the buttons?

Doom Canada | Reply

9/7/2011 4:35:54 PM #

Hi,

The programming software is a separate download - look underneath the driver download selection on the downloads page and you'll see the option for the software.

9/9/2011 9:08:27 PM #

Hi, I got my Albino Edition 2 days ago and i did everything what you said above but it still a blank page. I have all latest updates for Windows Vista.
Windows Vista 32 Bit - Ati Radeon HD3400 . Do you have any suggestion for me?

Orlin United States | Reply

9/12/2011 4:15:32 PM #

Hi,

Did you get the latest driver and software for the Albino from the downloads page?  Get those and then try changing the language to something else and then back to English again and see if it helps.

9/13/2011 3:31:33 PM #

PLEASE reply! I have the RAT 7 mouse. I did NOT get a software in my case. I have tried to download the software but it doesnt download! The file is white when it's downloaded! HELP!

Carl Sweden | Reply

9/13/2011 5:28:26 PM #

Please ignore the links above - get the latest version of the software from the website download page and you should be fine with that.

10/20/2011 3:50:28 PM #

Hi again. I have tried that to, but that doesn't work as well. Is there something wrong with my pc? I am running vista 32 bit.

Carl Sweden | Reply

10/20/2011 4:26:33 PM #

Make sure you've selected English as the language in the Support tab of the software - see if that helps.

10/20/2011 4:36:54 PM #

Wait what do you mean with english in the support tab.

Carl Sweden | Reply

10/21/2011 11:50:17 AM #

Click the Support link at the top of the software when you open it and then make sure that you've clicked the UK flag at the bottom of the screen there.

9/17/2011 2:50:05 PM #

i cant find the link ?

DJ Netherlands | Reply

9/21/2011 11:02:27 AM #

As mentioned in the post just above yours and in the edit at the top of the post, the links have been removed as they're no longer needed - just get the latest version from the website.

9/24/2011 2:59:53 PM #

is there any way i can get it to work without downloading SP1, because i aleady have sp3
this it what it does when i try and click on profile editor,
Smart Technology has stopped working
You can reoprt this error by emailing the text below to uksupport@madcatz.co.uk

Exception

InnterException
at SmartTechnology.MainWindow..ctor()
---End of inner exception stack trace---
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

KC United States | Reply

9/26/2011 10:12:15 AM #

It's SP1 of .Net Framework 3.5 that you need.  You can get it from here:

www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

9/29/2011 4:43:05 AM #

After having read down these posting I didn't see the fix for the issue of the software not seeing the RAT 7.  The software installed fine, runs fine, it just don't see the mouse... and yes it is plugged in...LOL.  Any ideas would be great as I would love to put this mouse through it's paces.

Sinafay United States | Reply

9/29/2011 12:34:45 PM #

Did you make sure that you installed the drivers as well as the software download?

10/2/2011 3:07:12 PM #

i need a link for the software download because it didnt come whit a disc? thanks

ndawwwg Australia | Reply

10/3/2011 4:07:31 PM #

Or just click the Download button at the top of this page.

10/19/2011 7:38:11 PM #

I'm trying to install Cyborg Smart Technology Software but nothing happens.
The software was not installed, the icon hasn't appeared, although no errors appear.

Installers:

- Cyborg_RAT9_7_0_8_0_Drivers_64bit.exe
- Smart_Technology_7_0_11_42_64bit.exe

OS: Windows 7 x64 PRO sp1 RUS.

Please contact me as soon as you have solution of this problem.

Yours faithfully, Pavel

Pavel Russia | Reply

10/20/2011 12:14:09 PM #

Hi,

1. Unpack Smart_Technology_7_0_11_42_64bit.exe using any suitable archiver (i.e. WinRAR, 7zip)

Or, if you've installed the software from the website, go to this folder:

C:\Windows\Temp\Saitek\Cyborg_RAT_3_Gaming_Mouse_SD7_64_Software\00000023

2. Go inside and delete all locales "software_loc_XX.msi" and "Setup_XX.dll" except English ("09") 3. Run "setup.exe"

That will get it installed.

1/15/2012 11:31:22 PM #

Thank you, this is a good solution. For Russian users can suggest another option: unpack Smart_Technology_X_X_XX_XX_64bit.exe, go to folder "Temp", install "software_loc_10.msi" and then run "setup". It works Smile

Pavel Russia | Reply

10/24/2011 7:08:56 PM #

HI i have just bought the RAT7 mouse but i cant program it, it is just a blank page an i have the 7.0.8.0 version of the smart technology software can someone please tell me what to do???

Erik Sweden | Reply

10/25/2011 7:38:20 PM #

Being Inexperienced Im constantly discovering on-line for reports which will help me. Thank you

Pandora BRACELETS United States | Reply

10/25/2011 7:59:00 PM #

Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

UGG Sale United States | Reply

10/25/2011 9:45:44 PM #

the website is very good. i very like it. you are my  my god... come here

burberry scarf sale United States | Reply

11/1/2011 11:12:43 AM #

I have a R.A.T 7 and I have installed the software that comes with the mouse along with some driver I got from this website.

I also installed .NET Framework SP2 and then realized its incorrect and installed .NET Framework SP1.

Now next to my clock I see the little mouse but as soon as I try to open the profile editor it gives me the message, "SmartTechnology has encountered a problem and needs to close." As I said I have .NET Framework SP1 installed.

Previously I have installed this software no problem and it worked (Except I couldn't bind a Rapid-fire button which is another problem, a tutorial would be great.) But since I re-installed windows it has been giving me problems

Windows XP
Thanks in advance.

Duart South Africa | Reply

11/1/2011 12:12:09 PM #

I'd need more details of the crash screen but you should definitely make sure that you have run Windows Update and ensured that XP is fully up to date, including checking the recommended updates as well as the important ones.  Oh and also make sure that you check Windows Update again, even if you think that it's finished because it often only offers some updates once others have been finished.

11/2/2011 7:27:29 PM #

Well AS I said it brings up a screen saying, "SmartTechnology.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and then you have an option to Send Error Report or Don't Send.

Before this error report it doesn't do much, I click on the ("PROFILE EDITOR") not the profiler, the profiler works fine. and then it just brings up the error almost instantly.

I will try Windows Update and let you know =)

Duart South Africa | Reply

11/3/2011 11:30:58 AM #

Yes, let us know!  By the way, usually on that crash window there's an option you can click to show more details - if it still happens then that's what we need to know.

11/6/2011 1:10:19 AM #

hallo I have a question that is normal to have such a sensor, two bubbles

john9696 Czech Republic | Reply

11/7/2011 11:47:20 AM #

Yes it's normal and they're not bubbles - each of those 'bubbles' contains the laser for the X or Y axis of the sensor.

11/12/2011 3:29:05 PM #

Hallo pls help my this error http://john9685.rajce.idnes.cz/nastenka#Error.jpg

nothing Czech Republic | Reply

11/21/2011 9:38:27 AM #

Hi,

Download the SP1 release of .Net 3.5 from the following link and it will solve this:

www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

11/20/2011 2:11:19 AM #

PLZ need help how i can start the st software for my gaming mouse rat 7 i have download and installed the sotware but i dont know where i can start it PLZ help

edik130889 Germany | Reply

11/21/2011 9:33:00 AM #

Hi,

Did you also download the drivers?

11/23/2011 8:55:35 PM #

after installing drivers and software,when i click on the profile editor a window pops up and says smart technology has stoppsd working.
has anyone seen this? everything is up to date. OS is windows-7 64bit

steve gasper United States | Reply

11/24/2011 10:06:34 AM #

Is .Net 3.5 updated to SP1 as per the post above?

11/27/2011 4:41:47 PM #

Hi I bought Cyborg Rat 7 yesterday and I am efficently trying to understand its software, it's full of bugs. First I installed the software and the drivers which everybody generally does then i updated because of the blank page problem now i can see settings.(yes i downloaded everything from download section everything is up to date)But my program simply dont want to recognize my mouse, i cant adjust dpi or precision settings. At the main page of profile editor" software version 7.0.11.42 driver loaded" is written. My windows drivers are up to date and .Net is updated too. I am using windows 7 32 bit.

Ali Yucel Turkey | Reply

11/29/2011 10:34:10 AM #

Hi,

What is the name of the driver file that you downloaded for the mouse?  You do need both the drivers and the software so we just need to check that you got the correct driver download.

12/6/2011 6:51:19 PM #

had the same issue around the software and drivers for nearly two weeks now - tried all fixes provided by Madcatz support - got to say your technical help desk is a little hit and miss around customer care with up to 2-3 days to get a response. On verge on taking the mouse back to the shop and getting another make as 90 pounds is a lot to pay for a mouse and to have an worse than beta testing experience.

if anyone has come across a fix to the no controler recognised on the profile editor page, i am going to try for two more ddays to get it working then give up

Martin United Kingdom | Reply

12/7/2011 4:56:52 PM #

Hi,

Same question - what's the name of the driver file that you've downloaded?  We've had a couple of people recently who have somehow managed to get the wrong file (the driver page hasn't changed, so we can only assume they've been manually browsing the FTP site and grabbing the one they think is correct).

12/14/2011 12:53:55 AM #

Hi'

I just got the R.A.T.7 mouse and have downloaded both the driver and updates as per required. I do not for some reason have the Cyborg Smart Technology (S) Software, as there is no file, folder, nor icon on my desktop. Where is it? I can not do any programming without that bit of software.

I am running Win 7 64 bit OS. Have tried to re dl in hopes that I messed something, but is already there ( the software and updates for the mouse).

Dana United States | Reply

12/14/2011 10:27:12 AM #

Hi,

The software download is there on the downloads page.  Here's the direct link:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Smart_Technology_7_0_11_42_64bit.exe

You need to install that and then you'll have the Smart Technology installed.

12/14/2011 4:25:13 PM #

Hi;

Is there any way to get better directions for the programing?  The pdf just stays blank and all I can work with are the main choice buttons ( L click, R click, Scroll in Test window while online I can use forward and back buttons as well with no use of the thumb scroll).

What I need is for the other 3 (4 total) choices on the center button.
The 3 mode settings button I get with the mode choices.

Sorry to pester you, but I thank you for your time and efforts.

Dana United States | Reply

12/16/2011 12:06:31 PM #

Hi,

The manuals are linked from within the software but you can browse to them manually at this location:

C:\Program Files\SmartTechnology\Manuals\Cyborg

They're HTML files so they'll open in our browser.

12/14/2011 9:02:41 PM #

For all!!!
If you have a problems to install Cyborg ST software (Profile editor), you need use it way:
C:\Windows\Temp\Saitek\Cyborg_RAT_7_Albino_SD7_64_Software(mouse model)\00000011(number in the title may be another)\software_loc_10.msi(one of the loc_xx file matches your opinion so you'll have to try everything).
-----------------
This is the easiest way to solve problems without the involvement of support.

Good luck Ж)

Mihail Russia | Reply

1/19/2012 5:26:35 PM #

cool blog. cheers for showing us.

windows xp help United States | Reply

1/19/2012 5:28:58 PM #

ill for surebe bookmarking this sheet.

windows vista problems United States | Reply

2/9/2012 11:08:40 PM #

I just bought a rat 7 white one from the UK and i live in australia....My problem is that when i go to install the drivers it gets upto please plug in the device you want to update and the next button is greyed out i have tried all my 7 ports and still the same so i try to run the profile program and says that i need to plug the device in and try again...I have tried to install it by useing my old mouse first i have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in nothing works.

oxmate Australia | Reply

2/10/2012 12:42:28 PM #

Sounds like you're trying to install the normal R.A.T.7 drivers.  You need to install the Albino or Contagion drivers (which one you have) from the downloads page and that should then get recognised.

4/2/2012 1:46:49 AM #

When I try to install the ST software, it says I need .NET runtime 3.5 which I installed, but that message still comes up. I'm on WinXP 32-bit.

kuron Canada | Reply

4/2/2012 10:52:30 AM #

Give it another go using the installer here:

www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

11/21/2012 11:21:14 AM #

I have just bought R.A.T. 7 contagion, I downloaded softwer, i started it but it says i need .NET Runtime 3.5, I installed .NET framework 3.5. When i restarted PC it was same problem... help me plzzz

angel Croatia | Reply

11/21/2012 1:05:12 PM #

Did you install using that link I provided above?  Which version of Windows are you running?

4/12/2012 10:31:44 AM #

Hey,
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!
Finally getting it to work properly, thanks a lot guys!
-Aman

Aman Ganglani U.A.E. | Reply

4/16/2012 4:40:05 PM #

i've tryed everything , programming tab is blank :S i feel really bad atm feels like i wanna hit some1

Tested on windows 8 64bit and windows XP 32bit , it doesn't work

this is my first cyborg mice and i've try'd to get it work for 6 hours now

MindLess Estonia | Reply

4/16/2012 5:59:23 PM #

Under the Support tab make sure that you've selected English as the language and then see if you get the programming tab working.

4/16/2012 10:21:35 PM #

i have try'd everything includes language select, when i go under Support tab then there is English already selected (sure i reselected it ,restarted and also try'd to select some other languages) but nothing.
Now i installed windows 7 64bit and did all the updates and will try and see what happens after installing ST_SD7_0_13_22_64Bit_Software .
Best of luck to me, it's been too long day already.

MindLess Estonia | Reply

4/16/2012 10:31:54 PM #

i wrote a long long post but i guess i forgot to press save comment :S
i installed windows 7 and now it works. i guess it was the OS at this point
Windows 8 is not supported.

MindLess Estonia | Reply

7/3/2012 9:50:51 PM #

Hello !

I posted two topics about programming some times ago and they were or deleted or not published. I wanted to know if it was possible to assign a combination of keys to a mouse button... Like Ctrl + Page up or Page down assigned to the thumb scroll wheel... It would be very very useful to use it in softwares...

Thanks !

Rednekk France | Reply

7/4/2012 10:49:02 AM #

Hi,

Yes, that's possible - any combination of keystrokes is possible, in fact.  Just make sure for key combos that need to be pressed together that you press both keys at the same time when programming.

7/18/2012 8:07:37 AM #

Hi, I just downloaded both the drivers and software for my new RAT 7. I installed the drivers before installing the software.  I get nothing on the screen once I've installed both. I can't find the programming software under the Windows button>All Programs, either.

I'm running Win7.

Orguss United States | Reply

7/18/2012 10:24:55 AM #

Hi,

It should be under the Smart Technology program group.  You can also access it by clicking the R.A.T. icon in your system tray and then clicking Profile Editor.

7/18/2012 7:00:25 PM #

Not seeing a program group or an icon.  There's nothing running in processes.  I've dl'd and installed the software repeatedly and it keeps asking me to overwrite files that are in my Windows\Temp\Mad Catz folder, but still nothing.

Orguss United States | Reply

7/20/2012 11:23:55 AM #

What's the name of the file that you're downloading/installing?

7/26/2012 2:03:41 AM #

Hey guys, I'm getting the same problem on my Mac, but nothing that I do will fix it Frown

Any suggestions?

Daniel Australia | Reply

7/26/2012 12:29:13 PM #

Hi,

Which version of Mac OS X are you running and which version of our software are you using?

8/18/2012 8:26:04 AM #

Hi

I recently bought a Rat 7 and after installing the software, it still will not recognize the mouse. It says "please plug in device". Not sure what to do from here.

Thanks.

Colin Canada | Reply

8/20/2012 11:42:42 AM #

Hi,

Did you download and install the drivers too?

9/11/2012 9:38:56 AM #

Hey,

I bought RAT 3 -mouse, and now I am running into problems. I can't get the software to work, and my mouse's scroll wheel's scroll is only responding to clicks – it serves as a button. I assume the scroll problem would fix itself out after I would get the software to work. When I try to open profile editor it just immediately informs me that "Smart technology.exe has stopped working", nothing else. I have reinstalled drivers and software three times now and it still does not work. Have been trying to run it as administrator. I find this kind of annoying. I am running 32bit Windows Vista Home, If you need any specs, logs, etc. let me know, I am eager to fix my ratSmile

Best regards,
– Niilo

Niilo Finland | Reply

9/12/2012 5:07:37 PM #

Hi,

The scroll wheel not working is a fault - that will need replacing.

For the software issue, make sure that you're running the latest version of .Net 3.5:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx?id=22

9/26/2012 5:34:25 PM #

Hi

I just bought the rat 7 and I have installed driver and software, My problem is when I go to set custom dpi setting it will not save them, When I click apply and close profile editor relaunch the settings do not change, Do I have a faulty unit Because it does not save to firmware

thx in advance

Leigh Australia | Reply

9/27/2012 10:46:50 AM #

Hi,

Yes, we're aware of this issue - we're posting an updated software release shortly to fix this.

10/3/2012 2:04:16 PM #

The update is now available - get hold of it from the downloads page.

10/1/2012 8:47:44 AM #

Hi
I have same problem as above,only it is with the Contagion. Any idea as to when the updated software will be released?

Jacques South Africa | Reply

10/3/2012 2:04:24 PM #

The update is now available - get hold of it from the downloads page.

10/4/2012 5:38:11 PM #

Hi Richard
The software is still exactly the same. Saw it when I downloaded it yet tried it anyway, still same problem. Am I missing something?
Regards
Jacques

Jacques South Africa | Reply

10/8/2012 3:22:36 PM #

Try it again - looks like there was a problem with the update to the downloads database which has now been sorted.

11/21/2012 1:03:15 AM #

Hallo people,

i got the Rat 7 gaming mouse as a present and wantet to install the driver on a windows vista 64 bit computer but it wont work is there any way to fix this problem¿

CpUChiP Germany | Reply

11/21/2012 1:08:57 AM #

i have to add i have pluged in the mouse -.- installed the driver andthen i cant move the mouse anymore when i install the programm it cant find the mouse cause there is no driver

i have the rat 7 gaming mouse

as i allready sayed its an present i have no bill or something to change the mouse

i searched the internet now for 3 day and cant find a solution for my driver problem

CpUChiP Germany | Reply

11/21/2012 1:02:42 PM #

Hi,

Our driver doesn't make the mouse work - it just enables you to use the programming software to program the buttons and configure features like the DPI settings or precision aim.

ANY USB mouse should work as soon as you plug it in - they all install using the generic mouse drivers that are built into Windows.  So if the mouse isn't doing anything then you need to do two things:

1) Make sure you have removed the sticker that covers the laser lens!
2) Try the mouse on another PC and see if it works there - as I said, as soon as you plug it in Windows should do the usual "detected new hardware" routine and install it for you.

12/12/2012 2:56:35 PM #

Добрый день.
После установки software и drivers не появляется программа profiler. Где её взять?

П.С. Windows7 64x

Алексей Russia | Reply

12/17/2012 11:24:44 AM #

Привет,

Он должен быть в Пуск> Программы> Smart Technology, или вы можете нажать на RAT значок рядом с часами и нажмите кнопку Profile Editor

1/14/2013 7:43:52 AM #

I want to program my RAT7 side scroll wheel so that when I rotate it clockwise that it can scroll through the number pad 1-0, with each click of the wheel moving on to the next number, is this a possibility, and if so how would i perform this program

T.I.A.

Charleston United States | Reply

1/14/2013 11:09:06 AM #

Hi,

No, that's not possible, I'm afraid.

1/27/2013 1:23:36 AM #

Got the rat7 great mouse poor software & support have emailed a week ago
and received the message "We will endeavour to respond to your  request  as soon as possible" and then nothing..

Anyway when running the profile software it tries to start and then crashes back to the desktop with the message "smasrttechnology.exe had encountered a problem......"
I am running XP32 bit and have tried all the fixes on this board.

Cheers
Darren

Darren United Kingdom | Reply

1/30/2013 12:56:22 PM #

Hi,

Can you confirm that you've tried updating .Net from this link:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx?id=22

If so then we need more details from the crash message please!

2/9/2013 9:51:18 PM #

Hi,

got the "Programming-Screen-Blank" window Problem here on my two brand new MMO7s. Software is the latest one as well as the drivers are. (7.0.23/7.0.20). Tried everything, even bought a second MMO7 mouse, tried it on two different Win7 64bit PCs. They are up to date, have Net 4.0/3.51 etc....what should I do?? This thing is a 110 EUR mouse and this is not acceptable! I installed 10 times, cleaned the registry manually etc. etc. even wanted to try the 32bit software..but the program won't install because its only 32bit :/

Carsten Germany | Reply

2/12/2013 10:37:39 AM #

Hi,

Did you try changing the language settings in the settings screen of the software?

2/17/2013 9:41:55 AM #

I have the same problem too, how do you change the language settings in the setting screen of the software?

sky United States | Reply

2/19/2013 11:09:37 PM #

got the same problem like Carsten.
Rat 7 MMO, Win7 x64, ATI 6870
reinstalled software and driver, set a language (tried UK, USA and Germany), deinstalled incl. cleaning registry and %appdata%\lokal\SmartTechnoligy, didn't work.
Please help or I must send it back to Amazon

Manuel Germany | Reply

2/21/2013 12:36:45 PM #

We've discovered what was causing this - please download the latest version of the software download from the main website and install it.  You should now have a working programming screen.

2/23/2013 3:03:43 PM #

already got the newest driver and software für x64
driver: 7.0.20.0
software: 7.0.23.0
plz post link if there is a newer one!

Manuel Germany | Reply

2/25/2013 11:03:51 AM #

You just need to use the downloads page.  Alternatively here's a link:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/ST_SD7_0_24_8_64Bit_Software.exe

2/25/2013 9:37:48 PM #

driver 7.0.24 worked!
But you should check your download-page (http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm), the highest version is 7.0.23.

Manuel Germany | Reply

2/17/2013 9:47:31 AM #

Hi,
I have changed the language under the "support" tab, but the programming screen is still showing up blank, is there another way to solve this?

THANKS