6. September 2010 17:32
EDIT - this is no longer required but we'll leave this article up for reference. To solve this now you only need to get the latest version of the programming software from the main website download page.
Well this was a strange one – some people have been reporting that when they try and run the programming screen for their new R.A.T.7 that the screen is blank. It appears to mostly be customers in the Nordics and the Netherlands but other regions may be affected too. If you’ve been one of those suffering from this then please follow these instructions to fix it:
- Go to Control Panel and remove your current installation of the Programming Software via the Add/Remove programs (in XP) or Programs and Features (in Vista/W7)
- Click the link below and save the updated beta version of the programming software to your computer (note: DO NOT run from the FTP site, please save the file first)
REMOVED LINKS - SEE NOTE ABOVE
- Run the new programming software by double clicking the saved icon and follow on screen instructions (they will be the same as the previous version)
- In the Profile Editor, click on the Support tab. In the bottom right hand corner of the window will be a collection of national flags that represent the languages the editor can be used in. Left click the desired language flag; it will become transparent when selected.
- Close the editor
- Re-start the editor from the system tray icon, or from the programs menu on your start bar.
Congratulations: Your programming software will now be fixed! IMPORTANT! The programming page will not be displayed unless a language flag is selected.